Thread: New Member from the X-body group Chevycitationsforever

Vehicle
    I have2 X-11's, a Black '81 and a White '85 also a 99 Bonneville SSEi

Default New Member from the X-body group Chevycitationsforever

Hello, my name is Terry

I have 2 X-11's....a Black '81 and a White '85. I did have an '83 Phoenix SJ but sold it earlier this year to a fellow group member.

Here is a link to my pics in photobucket.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...ars/?start=all

Here is a link to my current project...swapping in an L67 into the '85.

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...wap/?start=all

I had previously done a 6000STE dash swap into the '85 (fully functioning) and have another to go into the '81 that will be getting a 2.8MPFI-V6 with Getrag 5-speed from my retired 89 Beretta GT.

My daily driver is a 99 Bonneville SSEi in mint condition!!!

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...SEi/?start=all

I had a 98 that got rear-ended by a drunk....

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x...SEi/?start=all

Check them out and leave any comments...

I just posted a thread in the 'Wanted' section looking for a front mount bracket that I need to finish installing the motor into the cradle.

Please check the other thread and let me know if you have a bracket you can sell me!

Thanks

Terry
    ho81x11

Vehicle
    cartruckcartruckcarcarcarcarcarcar

Welcome!

I am a member over at the Citation club too, but have not posted in a long time since I had to junk/part out my 85 X11. That was a sad day, but she had seen a few too many Iowa winters...a mistake I am NOT making with my 86 Eurosport coupe. I have always viewed my coupe as sort of an X-11 in a business suit.

I like the STE dash idea, it solves the whole "every Citation dash I find is in crap condition" situation real nicely!
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity sedan
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Oh wow! I REALLY like your '85, nice work!
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
    '86 Eurosport sedan
    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
    '89 Eurosport wagon

Vehicle
    my 2 feet

you know...that actually make sense that X and A dashes will interchange....this gives me crazy ideas if i ever find a Skylark X body coupe lol. or an Omega for that matter (imagine that, ful Rally set Ciera dash in the Omega!)
    "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
    -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
    proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
    Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

I LOVE IT but that is the worst color SJ ever. NICE cars man. Welcome to our board. Looks like you will fit right in here!!! I like the little sedans MUCH better than the hatches personally.
    1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
    DON
    "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Vehicle
    2003 Taurus

DAMN! looks like that Bonnie did its job to protect you best it could. welcome to a-body, glad to have ya! sweet Cites!

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie View Post
    you know...that actually make sense that X and A dashes will interchange....this gives me crazy ideas if i ever find a Skylark X body coupe lol. or an Omega for that matter (imagine that, ful Rally set Ciera dash in the Omega!)
    There's one in the yard by me. An X body Skylark coupe that is. White with a burgundy interior. I posted some pics in the yard threads. Looks complete too.
    Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

Welcome Terry! Thanks for posting the photobucket links to your pics. Lots of great stuff.
    George

Vehicle
    I have2 X-11's, a Black '81 and a White '85 also a 99 Bonneville SSEi

Thanks for the comments!
    Yeah, i wasnt too keen on the metalic brown on the Phoenix, but when it was up for sale, I just couldnt stand the thought of some kid getting a hold of it and 'Ricin' it or something, so I bought it and loved it....just too sad that the economy tanked like it did and forced me to sell...just had too many cars andhad to free up some $$...

Quote Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath View Post
    There's one in the yard by me. An X body Skylark coupe that is. White with a burgundy interior. I posted some pics in the yard threads. Looks complete too.
    What condition are the interior door panels in? The panels on my vert are broke where the armrest slides in and mounts to it. They're currently held on pretty good, but would love good ones. I need to take them apart to replace the dewstrip/belt line weather stripping that I found in like new condition in a junk yard last year. I'm just afraid to take the panels loose for fear of making my arm rests loose.
    Thanks, Will
    84 Olds Ciera 3.0L (94-98)
    86 Buick Century 2.5L (98-03)
    81 Buick Skylark Convertible 2.8L (03-Current)
    93 Olds Ciera Wagon 3300 (06-Current)
    92 Buick Century Wagon 3300 (10-Current)

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by weroberts View Post
    What condition are the interior door panels in? The panels on my vert are broke where the armrest slides in and mounts to it. They're currently held on pretty good, but would love good ones. I need to take them apart to replace the dewstrip/belt line weather stripping that I found in like new condition in a junk yard last year. I'm just afraid to take the panels loose for fear of making my arm rests loose.
    They looked good from what I can remember. I have 3 pics of the car, and one shows part of the passenger door panel. I just remember thinking that the interior was in amazing condition, if a bit faded in places.

My best guess is that it was a southern transplant that quit running as soon as it felt a northern cold snap, as I've seen it before.

Oldsmobile Quality. Feel It.

sweet '85 dude!

nice photos you got there man!