Thread: It's back....

Vehicle
    1988 Ciera Sl Coupe FE3 & 1988 Ciera International Coupe 1989 Celebrity 1989 Regal Coupe

Default It's back....

It didn't meet the reserve last time and the bidding was up to $6110. How much would some of you be willing to go? If it was down the street from me, I would be tempted at $5000, but couldn't see myself going higher.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_4635wt_1169

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

I'm not up to date on AWD values, but blue book is only about $2200 in my area, even on a mint example like this. Is the market such that one can reasonably expect $6k for this 6k?

Quick edit: fully optioned, it goes up to $2600.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 201k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Transmission time, again. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles. Current DD.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

Vehicle
    my 2 feet

Quote Originally Posted by Duke George V View Post
    I'm not up to date on AWD values, but blue book is only about $2200 in my area, even on a mint example like this. Is the market such that one can reasonably expect $6k for this 6k?

Quick edit: fully optioned, it goes up to $2600.
    blue book is always lower than NADA retail; odds are the seller is a dealer and is using the NADA guide as his pricing for the ebay sale. I'm not sure, but doesn't that license plate look very much like what htey put on for Barrett Jackson auctions?? if so, there might be a reason for the high high high reserve, there's a ridiculous comission price for the vehicle sale, and as such, the seller makes more money if he can get the price much higher than the comission is...
    "All art is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."
    -N.S.K. Neuer Slowenian Kunst
    proud former owner of 83 Ciera Brougham Coupe (may her new owners repair her and get her on the road as she deserves to be!)
    Pics of MAxine here! 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Coupe

If I had $6k. I would by it. Values my be low, but in another 10 years when the supply has disappeared. I will be paying good money for a nice A-Body.
    Thanks, Will
    84 Olds Ciera 3.0L (94-98)
    86 Buick Century 2.5L (98-03)
    81 Buick Skylark Convertible 2.8L (03-Current)
    93 Olds Ciera Wagon 3300 (06-Current)
    92 Buick Century Wagon 3300 (10-Current)

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Retail isn't even that much: $3100.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 201k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Transmission time, again. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles. Current DD.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

Vehicle
    1988 Ciera Sl Coupe FE3 & 1988 Ciera International Coupe 1989 Celebrity 1989 Regal Coupe

I really wonder how high the reserve is that they wouldn't negotiate with the previous high bidder.

Vehicle
    I have2 X-11's, a Black '81 and a White '85 also a 99 Bonneville SSEi

SWEEEEET!!!!
    That is such a gorgious looking car!!!! Always wanted an AWD 6K... too bad its not an STE....just dont have any $$ now...

Terry
    ho81x11

Vehicle
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera wagon

Quote Originally Posted by weroberts View Post
    If I had $6k. I would by it. Values my be low, but in another 10 years when the supply has disappeared. I will be paying good money for a nice A-Body.
    If I graduate and get a job before Georgia Tech kills me, step 1 after school debt repayment is to pick up a nice loaded low-mile A-body before they get harder to find.
    I'm thinking I might someday, in the spirit of my last-MY 1996 Ciera, buy a last-MY W-body Impala. I believe it's supposed last until 2013 or 2014! Many people think the W-body is too old for GM to still be selling it, just like the a-bodies were at the end of their run. That doesn't mean much to me though, as far as I'm concerned old design=alot of car for the money plus older designs usually have most of the kinks worked out. I see the current Impala as the last bastion of bench seats and pushrods.
    1996 Oldsmobile Ciera, 3100 (LG8), 4T60E w/ 130,000 miles

I could easily afford to buy this vehicle... if someone would just give me $10,000.
    George

I think I would be willing to spend $3000-$3500 but no more. I dont have that much cash on me so right now i would be willing to pay $1950.

You know the rear struts are gonna go soon if they already havent so there is another $5-600 you would need to invest. I wonder if the ABS works still too. Looking at even more there.
    1989 Formula 350, 2002 Bonneville SE
    DON
    "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised."

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I think I would be willing to spend $3000-$3500 but no more. I dont have that much cash on me so right now i would be willing to pay $1950.

You know the rear struts are gonna go soon if they already havent so there is another $5-600 you would need to invest. I wonder if the ABS works still too. Looking at even more there.

Why is the rear suspension so expensive on this model? I assume it's because of the AWD, but what is the big ticket item, the strut itself?

Vehicle

it didn't make reserve again and the bidding was even lower. High bid was $5877 this time.....

Vehicle
    none

6K may be all the money for that 6K. If they want significantly more they might have to wait another decade or so.
    Alan Moore - TOAD Roadside - Worthington, OH

08 Cobalt LT sedan, black, 209K, Doordash and UberEATS beater