Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,651 to 1,658 of 1658

Thread: What Did You Do to Your A-Body Today?

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

Went on the first trip that was more than an hour away yesterday. Went downstate to meet Dr Pol from the tv show, then to the first away game for our high school. With my gf, her daughter, and the daughter's friend. First time I've ever got to utilize the a-wagon the way it was meant to be used, with kids in the 3rd seat waving at people and enjoying the travel.

Rolled over 80k miles on the way. Today in just a little bit we are doing the same but going a couple hours up north to the zoo. Monday we are walking the bridge together. But I do that just about every year regardless if anyone goes with me.
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, summer daily driver
    1989 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, special summer ride
    1996 Cherokee XJ 4 door, 4.0, 5 speed, winter daily driver & towing vehicle
    1991 Tracker 2 door, 1.6, 5 speed, needs work
    Previously several Celebritys, 6000s, & 2 U-vans

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Quote Originally Posted by tlc1976 View Post
    Went on the first trip that was more than an hour away yesterday. Went downstate to meet Dr Pol from the tv show, then to the first away game for our high school. With my gf, her daughter, and the daughter's friend. First time I've ever got to utilize the a-wagon the way it was meant to be used, with kids in the 3rd seat waving at people and enjoying the travel.

Rolled over 80k miles on the way. Today in just a little bit we are doing the same but going a couple hours up north to the zoo. Monday we are walking the bridge together. But I do that just about every year regardless if anyone goes with me.
    That's awesome! Love the show.
    Jerry

Noticed a popping noise when braking. I was thinking I had a bad ball joint(s). Upon further investigation I found the left front cradle bolt was loose (1/2" gap between washer and the cradle). Re-tightened all cradle bolts and the "pop" is gone. Next project will be replacing the back up light switch on the Getrag 282. Took a lot of searching to find the switch on a salvaged Beretta with same transmission.
    1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 235 I-6 SM420
    1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Conv 350-4 V8 THM350
    1988 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport 2.8 V-6 Getrag 5 Speed

There should be a special place reserved in the ninth circle of Dante's inferno for the person that located the back up light switch on the Getrag (Muncie) 282.
    1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 235 I-6 SM420
    1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Conv 350-4 V8 THM350
    1988 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport 2.8 V-6 Getrag 5 Speed

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Did battle with the heater core again in the '96. The replacement went almost 10 years. I 'remembered' installing an all aluminum one, but it was not the case.

Couldn't get the warranty replacement to go through the firewall. Finally worked the smaller (pressure) side through, but no go on the suction. Exchanged this at O'Reilly's for another aluminum one (every one that I've seen has been made differently, including a brass soldered one dated 2008 that I didn't want again) and this one almost went through. Finally took a rat tail file and opened the plastic of the HVAC case to make it go. I replaced all the heater hoses and found the Gates White Stripe hose (generic 5/8" & 3/4") sold by O'Reilly's now has a smaller OD so that the original style spring clamps don't work. Luckily, I had enough older stainless clamps to replace them.
    Having to replace the battery and change the oil were a lot easier.
    Last edited by CorvairGeek; 10-21-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    Jerry

93 Century Wagon - AC Delco pads and rotors.

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

Saturday I took my gal down to the city for Sweetest day. No problems. Sunday we took it to the laundromat since its so much nicer for hauling a bunch of baskets. Came out to find a puddle of brake fluid under the drivers rear tire. Quick look said it had to be a wheel cylinder. Kept dumping fluid in it to get it home that night. Autozone doesn't list them on the website but search Autozone thru google and it comes up with options and one of them was correct. Store had 2 of them for $12 each so I got both. I replaced the one tonight and cleaned up the huge mess it made. I'll do the other eventually, as it would be nicer to change before it blows out. I've also got the small side of the garage cleared out to park the Cruiser over the winter, weather is holding for now but that time is approaching.
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, summer daily driver
    1989 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, special summer ride
    1996 Cherokee XJ 4 door, 4.0, 5 speed, winter daily driver & towing vehicle
    1991 Tracker 2 door, 1.6, 5 speed, needs work
    Previously several Celebritys, 6000s, & 2 U-vans

I replaced the heater core in my 86 Century T Type on the week end. Taking the lower dashboard apart was awkward and tedious but the hardest part was getting the pipes of the new heater core through the holes in the firewall. In my car to the right of where the heater core mounts there is a black plastic part that makes up the right side of the heater box. I could not find any screws to remove it and it seemed to be glued to the firewall and it blocked my view of the holes. After a while I got it installed and got everything back together.