Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1455

Thread: What Did You Do to Your A-Body Today?

Quote Originally Posted by turbokinetic View Post
    purge the air out of the 60 degree engine cooling systems.
    Fill up that thermostat hole first, install thermostat/hose....start engine, then rev to around 2,500 with radiator cap removed, then add more coolant in radiator...cap it, then shut off engine.

Finally found a 2dr 1990 Buick Century. Picked it up this weekend and applied for historical tags yesterday. Only 76,648 miles on it and almost no rust in body or underneath. Up to 4 Buick Centuries now. Done buying cars for the year.

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Quote Originally Posted by 90BuickCentury View Post
    Finally found a 2dr 1990 Buick Century. Picked it up this weekend and applied for historical tags yesterday. Only 76,648 miles on it and almost no rust in body or underneath. Up to 4 Buick Centuries now. Done buying cars for the year.
    Cool! Is it maroon?
    Jerry

Original color was silver exterior and silver-looking interior (much lighter gray than my sedans).

Vehicle

That was popular too. For some reason, I always think of the late coupes being maroon.
    Jerry

Maroon was more popular around 92-94. Last coupes were in 93. Parents had a maroon 93 GMC Safari van. A lot of the 92 and 93 Honda Accords were also maroon.

I took my AWD STE out for a spin in the snow!. 5 degrees F, too cold for salt and they haven't really plowed any of the back roads anyway since we got 4" on Christmas day. Nice clean fresh powder snow.
    The AWD loves these roads!!! Between the ABS and AWD.....It's a blast to drive!
    (Click the pic giant version)

Vehicle

Put a new belt, brand new alternator and Magnaflow catalytic converter (direct fit, unbelievable Amazon deal) on the '92, now at 223K miles.
    Jerry

Got a flat on my 91 Century Limited this morning. Need to get new tire and alignment. Alignment was like that when I bought it a few months ago.

Picked up a 1990 Century Coupe 2 weeks ago with 76K miles ;D

Picked up an 87 Somerset 2dr coupe that is a mess. Got the alternator belt on and charged battery. Needs more work.

Will post pics when I get a chance.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

I love the 2 door centuries . I relaxed the 1995 century starter that finally decided to say Iím check out and retired . 185k 1995 Buick century not bad for 23 years old will rebuild this one for sure

Vehicle

Daughter said both turn signals went dead on the '92 for a while, then started working again. I took that as my warning I better change the flasher. Found the retaining clip had gradually crushed the plastic envelope of the flasher and had even broken through. I'm surprised it had started working again and not blown the fuse.
    Jerry

Completed the wiring for a four wire O2 sensor and installed same. My Celeb was falling out of lean condition after warm up and going rich randomly. Idle quality and fuel consumption suffered until the change out on the heated O2. A couple mile test drive reveals the car is running much better and sounds like it should be cured. A few days of commuting will verify whether the concern is corrected.
    1959 Chevrolet Apache 31 235 I-6 SM420
    1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Conv 350-4 V8 THM350
    1988 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport 2.8 V-6 Getrag 5 Speed

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Special Sedan 3.1L

My Century is in the shop with my trusted mechanic for a new oil pump drive o-ring which has allowed a profuse leak of oil to persist for some time now. So he's gotta do the darned intake manifold gasket again too. He's got the upgraded aftermarket gasket thankfully.

Also having the radiator and original hoses replaced. It has a crack. Finally, new brakes. $1,250.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Special Sedan 3.1L

Quote Originally Posted by CorvairGeek View Post
    Daughter said both turn signals went dead on the '92 for a while, then started working again. I took that as my warning I better change the flasher. Found the retaining clip had gradually crushed the plastic envelope of the flasher and had even broken through. I'm surprised it had started working again and not blown the fuse.
    I noticed that the original thermal relay would slow down in flash rate as it was on. I went to an electric relay i got at Advance Auto Parts, which helped keep a constant rate, but it still slowed a little bit. After going LED, the LED relay keeps a perfectly constant flashing rate. Only thing is it's silent.

Vehicle

The original in our '96 went crazy a number of years ago. It would flash at all different rates. That's when I found the new thermal ones don't work for long at all. The electronic ones work like they are supposed to.
    Jerry

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697