Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091
Results 1,351 to 1,354 of 1354

Thread: What Did You Do to Your A-Body Today?

Vehicle
    1990 Buick Century Custom 3.3L V6

Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    I guess you can get by without it in New Jersey, but you can't for 5 minutes down south! Still, I bet it's nice to have even up there; I hear it can get humid.

Ken T.
    Yeah, humidity here is horrible. I miss Arizona heat, I'll take 120 degree weather over 95 degrees with a heat index of 105 because of humidity. Whenever we have to go anywhere, we take my wife's little Saturn SL2 because it has AC.

Btw, got the thermostat in, hung the exhaust, and spent 3.5 hours attempting to put the AC coil, pulley, and clutch on... 3 hours of which was just the clutch alone. After I packed up for the night, I rewatched the AC rebuild video and realized I forgot to use the little bearing thing from the AC clutch puller/installer kit I got... Whoops.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by aequitas27k View Post
    Yeah, humidity here is horrible. I miss Arizona heat, I'll take 120 degree weather over 95 degrees with a heat index of 105 because of humidity. Whenever we have to go anywhere, we take my wife's little Saturn SL2 because it has AC.

Btw, got the thermostat in, hung the exhaust, and spent 3.5 hours attempting to put the AC coil, pulley, and clutch on... 3 hours of which was just the clutch alone. After I packed up for the night, I rewatched the AC rebuild video and realized I forgot to use the little bearing thing from the AC clutch puller/installer kit I got... Whoops.
    Yeah, it gets hard to think when you've been out there for a while and you're really uncomfortable. Sometime you just need to go inside and "reset" yourself!

Ken T.

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

I know that feeling so very well.

Vehicle
    1990 Buick Century Custom 3.3L V6

So I finished installing the AC clutch kit. Still not engaging. Stuck a piece of speaker wire in the pigtail just behind the accumulator to try and "trick" the system... Turns out that engages the clutch, which means no freon. Guess I am now forced to retrofit my car to r134 (r152a). Goodbye r12... Also, finished the coolant flush. My good ol' Frakenstein Century now has fresh green coolant.

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091