Thread: Chevrolet celebrity 1984 identification

Vehicle
    chevrolet celebrity 88`

Default Chevrolet celebrity 1984 identification

hello, help me to identify why this car has 2 headlights.? was it done in a factory? or is it headlights from 6000?
    https://a.d-cd.net/SwAAAgCaieA-960.jpg

https://www.drive2.ru/l/545314887497154963/

Wiki - "Distinguished by the addition of composite headlamps in 1987"

PICTURE

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

Wow that?s definitely an odd combination. It?s got the 1984 rear end but the dash looks like that of a 1987+. If they made something like that in Russia then that?s something I haven?t seen before.

If it?s not factory, then the header looks like it could be from an early 80s Regal but I don?t know how close the body would line up. Or maybe an early 80s Skylark, that might line up better. Then composite headlights from what could be any late 80s GM. Same with the turn signals, looks like they were patched in there along with the headlights and then partially covered up by the bumper. The bumper definitely looks like it came from a larger car.

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

I would say that its 90% Chevy Celebrity, but that front end, That aint no Celebrity. I was thinking more along the lines of a Chrysler Cordoba, but that doesnt even work.. But you may be right, a X-Body Buick Skylark maybe? But even then the headlights.. I think those are from a Chevy Caprice, but the angles are all wrong. I am lost on that one.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

As far as the headlights I?m thinking Lesabre. That?s the first thing that comes to mind with those angles.

If the header came from a 1980 or so Skylark, the bumper on those does look like that one and does wrap around the front of the car. Just not sure it extends quite that much.

It?s a nice little mystery.