Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1406

Thread: What Did You Do to Your A-Body Today?

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

I think you'll like the ceramic pads. They are so much quieter as compared to semi-metallic. My semi-metallics always like to squeal cold first thing in the morning. Irritated my silver fillings. LOL Love my Ceramics now.

Vehicle
    1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I think you'll like the ceramic pads. They are so much quieter as compared to semi-metallic. My semi-metallics always like to squeal cold first thing in the morning. Irritated my silver fillings. LOL Love my Ceramics now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I didn't have any noise before, just the pulsing and tons of brake dust to make my hubcaps look dirty all the time. I am kind of worried that both sides outter pads wore a little more then the inners, but all my pins were freely loose and moving in the rubber bushings.

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Think maybe you have a bad calipers?? When you put the car in Neutral, can you push it fairly easily or is it hard to push? My neighbors '93 Olds was driving us crazy trying to figure out why it kept eating up front pads. The right front caliper would hang up just enough to keep the car from rolling freely but it would do it only on a hot caliper. That's how we found it. One of those intermittent things that just serves to drive you crazy. He took it to 3 different shops and none of them were able to fix it. We found it by accident when we were trying to push the car forward to chalk the wheels and it wouldn't move.
    Last edited by Skip; 07-02-2017 at 03:17 AM.

Vehicle
    1987 Ciera S Coupe

Replaced my drivers door mirror. Its been broken for about 10 yrs now from hooking it on the garage while backing out in a hurry. Stupid Haynes repair manual forgot a few steps in the process too, lol. Had to drill out one screws since the mounting plate got fairly mangled... nothing a hammer, vise, some aluminium blocks and patience couldnt fix. Next up is the rearview mirror if i can ever find the mounting tab, lol. Oh, also charged up the a/c for the season.
    Last edited by adambweird; 07-04-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Did one thing today, small, but it's effective in making the car look a tad better as well as protecting the interior from the sun. 35% window tint.

[IMG][/IMG]

Next I have to repair these two annoyances...already ordered the headlight

This one I think will be a little harder to track down

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Nice car!!!

Ken T.

She's growing on me, got plans for a AC retrograde install next week and looking forward to alloy rims & paint job in the future. Already have gotten a few compliments

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper54 View Post
    She's growing on me, got plans for a AC retrograde install next week and looking forward to alloy rims & paint job in the future. Already have gotten a few compliments
    Make sure you read David's work with a different A/C retrofit.

https://www.a-body.net/forums/showth...ighlight=r152a

The A-body is not a particularly good candidate for an R134a retrofit, IMHO. GM switched to a parallel flow condenser a pusher fan to get proper performance.

Our '92 had a lousy R134a conversion (only cooled into the 50s) done at a GM Stealership. They installed a brand new GM / Delphi compressor and left the original accumulator/dryer because of a seized fitting (appears they flushed around the a/d). I made it work properly after we bought it. David shows a more efficient (conversion cost and HP to operate) way to do it.
    Last edited by CorvairGeek; 07-14-2017 at 02:49 AM.
    Jerry

I jacked it up and removed the pass front tire, removed plastic engine guard, and cussed at the crank bolt.
    I'm trying to replace my crank sensor
    What a pain

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

1/2 drive 3-4 ft breaker bar an a socket all from the top of the engine bar

I got a 3/4" impact and hammered for 10 minutes till it came off, now trying to figure out how to install the sensor

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Look on the forums through the search and if you search for you tube thread with turbokinetics (David Allen ) he runs though some tips and tricks for that sensor

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

One gross mis-adjustment of the sensor with a single rotation of the engine WILL destroy the sensor on the pre-93 engine. I used a piece of an AC/Delco oil filter box as the feeler gauge with the crankshaft balancer vanes in the sensor, then tightened the sensor adjustment.

There used to be a picture of it on here, but I was a Photobucket user. If you wanted to PM me, I'd be happy to send the picture to your e-mail address.
    Last edited by CorvairGeek; 07-16-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Jerry

Thanks for guys for the advice.
    I installed the sensor (just guessed at the gap) still no start, checked the injectors with a nod light, light flashed.
    Checked spark the good old fashioned way with starting fluid, no start

I unplugged the icm and plugged back in it started and died, unplugged and plugged back in again and ran fine.
    I couldn't see any issues (corrosion or dirt)

Pain in the ass ghost problems...

By the way anyone know what's up with Photobucket? I haven't used a forum in a few years but we all used Photobucket...

Sorry to get off topic

Quote Originally Posted by CorvairGeek View Post
    Make sure you read David's work with a different A/C retrofit.

https://www.a-body.net/forums/showth...ighlight=r152a

The A-body is not a particularly good candidate for an R134a retrofit, IMHO. GM switched to a parallel flow condenser a pusher fan to get proper performance.

Our '92 had a lousy R134a conversion (only cooled into the 50s) done at a GM Stealership. They installed a brand new GM / Delphi compressor and left the original accumulator/dryer because of a seized fitting (appears they flushed around the a/d). I made it work properly after we bought it. David shows a more efficient (conversion cost and HP to operate) way to do it.
    Thanks, checked out the link...probably more work than I want to do at the moment. if the 134 get's me into the 50's in Colorado I'll be happy...hell it's only really hot here maybe 3 months out of the year.

Page 88 of 94 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast