Page 102 of 112 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1674

Thread: What Did You Do to Your A-Body Today?

replaced exhaust from cat back. But found that cat is leaking, so replacing that within week - 93 wagon 3.3

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Today I Flushed out the transmission thru the cooler lines. Ran 7 quarts thru til I saw nothing but beautiful red clean fluid. Changed the filter and replaced the rubber hoses on the cooler lines. Then I power bled the brake system and adjusted the rear drum brakes and cleaned the front pads and rotors and greased up the slide pins. 3300 3 speed combo running great.

As above replaced cat converter. Today replaced hinge pins on drivers door.

Cleaned out my 91 Limited today. Was owned by a smoker. Poured baking soda formulated to remove pet scent everywhere, let it sit, then vaccummed it up. Wiped down all hard surfaces. Seems to have helped alot. Also tore my dash apart to pull the radio. It hasn't worked since before I bought it. Gonna try to swap one in. Hoping it's not the wiring. It has steering wheel mounted radio controls too. Looks like I need to get a new front right tire also. Front Left blew a few months ago. Tread is deep, but sidewall and edge look dryrotted and ready to blow. Been shaking a bit lately.

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

Replaced the leaking power steering pump in my 89 Celebrity with one I had saved from one of the other A-bodies. Cleaned out the pine needles that accumulate from it being parked for a few weeks. Nice to be the summer daily driver again. Was nice to work in my garage for the first time this summer, though I still don't have my house back.
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, summer daily driver
    1989 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, special summer ride
    1996 Cherokee XJ 4 door, 4.0, 5 speed, winter daily driver & towing vehicle
    1991 Tracker 2 door, 1.6, 5 speed, needs work
    Previously several Celebritys, 6000s, & 2 U-vans

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Checked on the trickle charger that's been maintaining my battery in my '96 Century. I will be ordering trans parts soon....

Ken T.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Awesome sir your friend will be back soon

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    Awesome sir your friend will be back soon
    I'm plotting. I've got some cracked teeth that I need to crown. That should be fun for me and my wallet!

'96 is still fully charged, and will probably crank right up in one crank.

Ken T.

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

Replaced the water pump in my Celebrity today. Not leaking yet, but making quite a racket. Love how easy these engines are to work on. The belt is looking rough, so tomorrow I'll dig for a spare in my parts bins.

Yesterday I put a battery in the Cruiser, and put the other one back in my Tracker. Either one of the battery bolts is stripped, or the new battery is stripped. Got some new longer bolts, so I can cut them down if needed. I keep the Cruiser covered under the pines in the yard, the cover ziptied to the spoked hubcaps. I can open the hood without undoing the ties.

I get a couple teeth yanked out in 2 weeks. Been trying to get them fixed for over a year, but nobody in northern Michigan will do what I need. Also need to get a hiatal hernia fixed in the near future. Just had an endoscopy and colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. The bills haven't arrived yet.
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, summer daily driver
    1989 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, special summer ride
    1996 Cherokee XJ 4 door, 4.0, 5 speed, winter daily driver & towing vehicle
    1991 Tracker 2 door, 1.6, 5 speed, needs work
    Previously several Celebritys, 6000s, & 2 U-vans

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by tlc1976 View Post

I get a couple teeth yanked out in 2 weeks. Been trying to get them fixed for over a year, but nobody in northern Michigan will do what I need. Also need to get a hiatal hernia fixed in the near future. Just had an endoscopy and colonoscopy 2 weeks ago. The bills haven't arrived yet.
    Getting older is hell.

Ken T.

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    Getting older is hell.

Ken T.
    You ain't kiddin' Ken. The pains of old age are definitely being felt here too. I turned 60 July 30. It is hard to get under the car to do an oil change now. Man those hips and shoulders are hurting me something fierce.

Vehicle

But honesty for you guys you still have the will power to make sure no one touches your precious cars . Today I had the fun task of changing the engine motor mount under the harmonic balancer . She was only 10 years old since I changed it from the original . Not terrible but parts aren’t made like they are use to I’m not complaining since I got 10 years on mine I noticed the top strut mount bushine was shifting slightly to the left kinda made me look and see . Gang I will say this everyone one of us knows our cars from inside out and every feel of something off . For me I felt a slight vibration under the steering wheel when idling that was the sign for my old girl . For me a 1.5 hour wasn’t that terrible to do with cleaning up the bracket with degreaser and all

Vehicle

Sorry it cut my closing statement lol have a good one guys Keith

Vehicle

It does take will power for sure! I just get started early on Saturday and see how long I can go until the hurting' starts. That's just the way it goes.

Dang a-car ages better than I do...

Ken T.

Vehicle

Ken don’t get me wrong my body is angry at times mostly my back from sitting in a weird position . I give all you guys tons of respect across the board we al have the same feeling to not let our cars go to the junk yard and will do anything we can to keep them running even if it makes us not able to walk right or being sore . These cars earned our respect to know as owners they don’t want to go as well to the scrap yard . For me I get sad when I see a A body in the yard especially stripped and picked or beaten up and trashed beyond parts . I wouldn’t want mine stripped like that .