Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Do to Your A-Body Today?

Vehicle
    '87 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by thesam1984 View Post
    Took Roxanne to my dads book show in Lansing... a nice two hour drive that she took in stride... did notice the tires need balancing as the dash shakes abit around 75 mph... me and my wife needed to get away... we are both working like crazy and her car is down with a cracked oil pan (again)... but the beetle has gotten some much needed attention and the truck some much needed use (but I miss my Buick)
    Not a very good quality oil pan, huh? I was on the road earlier night headed back to GR from Oak Park so im sure we may have passed each other on the opposite lanes!
    My A-Body Cars (past and present), meet the family:

Car With No Name: 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera w/Iron Duke (My first car, R.I.P.)
    Camilla: 1985 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport 2.8L V6 MPFI Iron Head (My new road cruiser)
    Jeanette: 1987 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon 2.8L V6 (The daily driver)
    Danielle: 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4.3L V6 Diesel (Finally getting overhauled)

Vehicle
    1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3

Checked the new water pump. Dont see or feel any more coolant. Think its fixed now. Heater core sounds like a water bed though. Must be trapped air. I let it run for 20 min with rad cap off. Looked like it burpped but must not have been enough. Still hear the water sound in dash.

Vehicle

Finally replaced the starter today in Danielle, now that the weather is finally warm enough to do something. She turns over great now, but won't start. Having sat pretty much all winter its going to be a slight challenge to get her started again.

Car With No Name: 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera w/Iron Duke (My first car, R.I.P.)
    Camilla: 1985 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport 2.8L V6 MPFI Iron Head (My new road cruiser)
    Danielle: 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4.3L V6 Diesel (Finally getting overhauled)

My current home is S. Korea, but Tacoma, WA is where I am from.
    Vehicle
    2 85 STE. One I drive, the other is under a slowww restoration.

I replaced a burned out brake light bulb in my STE. What I noticed was the Drivers Information Module did not eliminate the item. Is there a specific part# that is correct for the STE, or did I purchase the incorrect bulb: since in now works.

Vehicle
    1987 Olds Cutlass Ciera 231ci

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Gerbracht View Post
    I replaced a burned out brake light bulb in my STE. What I noticed was the Drivers Information Module did not eliminate the item. Is there a specific part# that is correct for the STE, or did I purchase the incorrect bulb: since in now works.
    try disconnecting the battery

'87 Olds Cutlass Ciera 3.8 SFI V6, 63K miles
    '85 Chevy Celebrity wagon 2.8 V6
    '84 Chevy Celebrity 2.8 V6 (my very first car!)

Vehicle

Finally got Danielle started today..ran rough for a bit since it sat all winter but eventually smoothed out. Also removed the old leaky master cylinder to replace with the new one I got. Gotta bench bleed it first and the will install it either tomorrow or Saturday, then bleed all the brake lines solo. Hopefully soon will have it transported to AL for the engine rebuild and trans swap.

Vehicle
    1990 Buick Century Custom 3.3 "T-Type" sedan

Quote Originally Posted by AVTechMan View Post
    Not a very good quality oil pan, huh? I was on the road earlier night headed back to GR from Oak Park so im sure we may have passed each other on the opposite lanes!
    No, Definately a fatal flaw of the MKIV volkswagens.... aluminum and the lowest part of the under carriage protected by flimsy plastic belly pans which are already gone... guess its common to go through several in the cars lifetime... a rare steel oil pan shield I picked up will solve that problem...

Maybe we did, we were on the road around 3'oclock
    Roads.... Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Vehicle

Well reinstalled the master cylinder in Danielle today, and though I attempted to tried to start the brake bleeding at the wheels, no fluid came out when I loosened the bleeder screws, so possibly could be plugged somewhere. Then of course the Brake light in the dash came on when I started the car (not related to the vacuum issue this time) when pressing the pedal. So looks like a complete brake job is in order with fresh everything--brake hoses, wheel cylinders and possibly the calipers too. This will mark the beginning of the restoration project for Danielle.

Now just need to get a second pair of jackstands, air impact wrench to remove the wheels, and alot of patience. I am also wondering if DOT 4 brake fluid is compatible with DOT 3 systems. I may also redo the MC and have it bled again, but need to find some bleeder plugs somewhere to plug the ports, being that the MC has 4 ports.

My current home is S. Korea, but Tacoma, WA is where I am from.
    Vehicle
    2 85 STE. One I drive, the other is under a slowww restoration.

I replaced my right rear turn signal bulb on my 85 STE. I noticed that the DIC showed nothing in regards to erasing the failure.

Vehicle
    '94 Century Special 3100

Took the @&$%^%! lower intake manifold off, to replace the gasket.
    I first had to use brute force on two of the 6 @#^@%! injectors… to get them out of the manifold so I could get the fuel rail out of the way.
    And I ended up breaking the plastic electrical connector for one of them in the process… not sure how I'm going to make it stay connected now that the keeper wire thingy won't go on.
    Three of the other injectors came off of the fuel rail while I was trying to pry it free.. those metal clips just gave way…
    That makes one out of six injectors that came out of its hole without a fight… the guy in the video made fuel rail removal look like a piece of pie…
    I'll be shocked if this thing runs after I'm done… it WAS running fine, with just a bit of green foam in the oil and brown crud in the coolant… I should have just sold it… but I have a conscience.
    I so want to finish with this car and get rid of it… and never buy another GM product...

Quote Originally Posted by AVTechMan View Post
    brake bleeding at the wheels, no fluid came out.
    Remove it, bleeder, and use drill bit to clean it out...have someone put their finger on it...or get new bleeder.

Vehicle
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham 3.8 "Lady Liberty", 1979 MGB Roadster

Put some filler on dents and former rust spots so I can sand them for respray soon. Also applied protective wax to the inside of the rear wheel arches, which should prevent future rust development.
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera "Lady Liberty" - Under (slow) progress LG3 to LN3 3.8 V6.
    1979 MG MGB Roadster - Running like a dream.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

I walked around my beautiful '96 on the way to taking out the trash. "I really need to replace the LIM in that thing....."

Vehicle

Today I raised up Danielle's rear to inspect the rear brakes. Quite a bit of rust, and though the drums look to be in good shape, the inner surface looks to have some surface rust which would indicate that they haven't been used for some time. Also during the inspection I found a rotted piece of brake line near the rear well which was leaking. I also noticed a pinch in the line too which would mean that fluid wasn't getting through as easily. The rest of the line to the master cylinder was in good shape. So that begs the question...should I just cut the section where the good line is and do a splice or run an entire new line from the cylinder.

Taken the brake work I had done on Jeanette two summers ago, I can get the Poly-Armour brake line with the bubble-flared fittings already in place, or run new line and do the flared ends myself, which would necessitate getting the bubble flare toolset. Then its the matter of getting new shoes, wheel cylinders and all the spring hardware, which changing that out will be simple.

Thankfully the brake line on the driver side is in good shape, as looked to have been replaced. Once I get the rears squared away, then can focus on the front brakes.

Vehicle
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham 3.8 "Lady Liberty", 1979 MGB Roadster

Isn't that a pretty dash? Yes, all I did today was take this very blurry picture...
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera "Lady Liberty" - Under (slow) progress LG3 to LN3 3.8 V6.
    1979 MG MGB Roadster - Running like a dream.

Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast