Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Do to Your A-Body Today?

Vehicle
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham 3.8 "Lady Liberty", 1979 MGB Roadster

I've brought the poor old girl home... She will be sitting for a while until I finally have the time to put in the new engine and give her the respray (in the same original Sapphire Blue) she deserves.

1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera "Lady Liberty" - Under (slow) progress LG3 to LN3 3.8 V6.
    1979 MG MGB Roadster - Running like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Papadopoulos View Post
    I've brought the poor old girl home...
    No rollback wreckers in Europe?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 85_Ciera_Rebuild View Post
    No rollback wreckers in Europe?

Never seen one here! It's either this kind of thing or a full sized lorry for car transport.
    1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera "Lady Liberty" - Under (slow) progress LG3 to LN3 3.8 V6.

Vehicle
    1985 Chevrolet Celebrity Sedan (2.8 2-bbl. V6, THM-125, JA2)

Default Radiator Replacement

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I replaced the old (I think we got it in 1994) brass/copper radiator in my Celeb with a new aluminum/plastic VistaPro Radiator ($65 shipped on Amazon) and Dayco hoses:

Old radiator removed:

New hoses with stainless clamps (I get the clamps at Lowes for about $1 each, they seem more resistant to stripping out and stay shiny for a long time ):

...and of course, I forgot to take a photo of everything installed I'll add that later. I need to troubleshoot the electric fan switch and put a temperature gun on the thermostat, because I can't seem to get the fan to kick on. Unfortunetly, I haven't installed the full gauge cluster I have yet, so I've got no clue what the engine temp is (I've got a 195 degree thermostat).
    1985 Chevy Celebrity Sedan (2.8-X, THM125, JA2, F41)
    1954 Chevy 3100 Pickup (235 I-6, SM420)
    1994 Toyota Camry LE Coupe (2.2, A140)

Vehicle
    1988 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport Sedan

I actually replaced my broken drivers seat with my passenger seat... the bolts don't line up perfect but I made it work. But now I have no passenger seat, so I removed the rear seats too. Yay weight reduction. Thinking of entering this car in the races we have out here. I also replaced my fuel filter yesterday. It was so gross.
    Vehicles:
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS (Daily).
    1988 Chevy Celebrity Eurosport Sedan (Project).

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Hey guys did simple stuff mostly cosmetic, the plastic moldings that hold the headliner up got junk yard clips and brackets . Just have to get her painted in a bit damn Florida weather lol . Good old 95 century hasn't skipped a beat and been on many road trips

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Hi guys. I own and have been driving a 1993 Buick Century Special. I have had the car for 21 years. Last week the engine developed a knock right up front, almost sounded like a bad harmonic balancer but it turned out to be the number one main crank bearing. I just finished replacing it last night and it runs like a top again. I love my car. Here's a few shots of it:

Last edited by Skip; 09-07-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Vehicle
    1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3

Threw in a full cluster I picked up from a 90 ciera 6cyl. Everything seems to function even the tachometer, mines a 6cyl too. I'll put the oil sender in tomorrow. Glad it was plug and play. Thanks Zaloryan for the details and sender #.

Vehicle

That looks great Ciera91!
    It's a great looking cluster, I've got the same (but the metric version) on my Ciera.
    Great visibility, even at night, and it has all the info you need and want!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Papadopoulos View Post
    That looks great Ciera91!
    It's a great looking cluster, I've got the same (but the metric version) on my Ciera.
    Great visibility, even at night, and it has all the info you need and want!
    thanks. Instead of taking the odometer numbers out to match my original one, I used a drill and about 30 min to turn it to the correct mileage. Luckily it was at 64k not too far off. Oh by the way those greenish blue bits you found in your car go in the gauge cluster.

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Ciera91, I just have the standard gauge cluster in my '93 Century with the dummy lights. Would you happen to know if a cluster like that would work in my vehicle? No mods? Hmmm, only mine is a 3 speed no OD. I wonder if there is something like that available?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Ciera91, I just have the standard gauge cluster in my '93 Century with the dummy lights. Would you happen to know if a cluster like that would work in my vehicle? No mods? Hmmm, only mine is a 3 speed no OD. I wonder if there is something like that available?
    I have no idea about century's, I don't know what clusters they had. I'm sure someone on here would know or maybe start a thread asking. The only thing I do know is that gear selectors in early cars is removable most likely to put the non od one in. Sorry I can't help more.

Found this though..
    http://r.ebay.com/Q4OP2P
    http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthread.php?419-Adding-a-factory-type-Temp-gauge-and-3-wire-Coolant-Temp-Sensor
    Last edited by Ciera91; 09-09-2014 at 03:38 AM.

Vehicle
    Multiple Alfa Romeos

Quote Originally Posted by Ciera91 View Post
    Threw in a full cluster I picked up from a 90 ciera 6cyl. Everything seems to function even the tachometer, mines a 6cyl too. I'll put the oil sender in tomorrow. Glad it was plug and play. Thanks Zaloryan for the details and sender #.
    My pleasure, happy to help. Looks real sharp in your dash!

I've pulled a few Buick Century clusters. The "full cluster" (if you can call it that) adds only the engine temperature and voltage. If you use the search function, user Turbokinetic added a larger mph range for the speedometer and added an LED tachometer to his. Looks factory.
    What is this & what does pulling it out do?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Ciera91 View Post
    thanks. Instead of taking the odometer numbers out to match my original one, I used a drill and about 30 min to turn it to the correct mileage. Luckily it was at 64k not too far off. Oh by the way those greenish blue bits you found in your car go in the gauge cluster.
    Aah good to know! I kept them in a box, so I'll try to put them back in when I have the time.

Vehicle

They're basically light diffusers I think they go behind the oil/temp and gas/volts faces 2 for each one.

Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast