Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Daniel's handling tips, and OEM Rim fitement guide

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

The 92-95 is better if it serves me right they used the thickest bar due to the 3800 weight up front . I never looked at the 91 and the 96 van which had the 3.1 and the 3400

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Last year, lemons bob installed van brakes on his Ciera race car. The process is relatively straightforward. Thread here. First post has been edited with this same information.

Vehicle

turbokinetic has installed van struts on his '84 Olympic Century. Van struts are designed for a heavier vehicle, so they are stiffer and improve handling without compromising ride quality. First post has been edited with this same information.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke George V View Post
    turbokinetic has installed van struts on his '84 Olympic Century. Van struts are designed for a heavier vehicle, so they are stiffer and improve handling without compromising ride quality. First post has been edited with this same information.
    Thanks for the link!

Vehicle

Ray_McAvoy shows us how to make a strut tower brace with some scrap steel plate and a C-body brace. Of import is that he notes how the design of the tower is different for 82-89 and 90-96 cars. The first post has been updated with this information.
    Last edited by Duke George V; 09-23-2015 at 06:27 AM.

Vehicle

Bilstein rear shocks. Pricey but probably worth it!

Vehicle
    1993 Cutlass Ciera 3.3

Hi. I'm new to this forum after receiving a 1993 Cutlass Ciera S with a 3.3 and 4 speed auto.

What I mean about "receiving" is that I got the car from a buddy who was under going some personal troubles and he was losing his house. So he had no place to store the car, and he was getting desperate so he told me to just take the car off of his hands! Well it had been sitting for a while, needed an alternator and battery to run, then drove it home.That was about 6 months ago and after doing maintenance on it, the car is actually in pretty good mechanical condition. Which leads me to my question.

There is a guy selling a set of aluminum 16" rims off of an Olds Toronado Trofeo model complete with caps and in decent condition. I've checked and the bolt pattern is the same but concerned about the backspacing.

Any ideas on fitment?

Vehicle
    1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette, 1989 GMC Sierra C1500, 2005 Chevrolet Corvette, 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1965 View Post
    Hi. I'm new to this forum after receiving a 1993 Cutlass Ciera S with a 3.3 and 4 speed auto.

What I mean about "receiving" is that I got the car from a buddy who was under going some personal troubles and he was losing his house. So he had no place to store the car, and he was getting desperate so he told me to just take the car off of his hands! Well it had been sitting for a while, needed an alternator and battery to run, then drove it home.That was about 6 months ago and after doing maintenance on it, the car is actually in pretty good mechanical condition. Which leads me to my question.

There is a guy selling a set of aluminum 16" rims off of an Olds Toronado Trofeo model complete with caps and in decent condition. I've checked and the bolt pattern is the same but concerned about the backspacing.

Any ideas on fitment?
    They will fit just fine. And probably look great as well.
    Jay

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

No A car got a wheel larger than 14", other than the 1986 Century GS (15")
    Didn't see it mentioned in this thread about the 15" wheels they used on the 1987+ 6000 SE and STE. My 90 SE wagon had them. Not sure if there was any difference from those commonly used on the early Trans Sport vans, but I used both interchangeably on my 92 van and couldn't tell the difference.

I read this thread because I was considering a cheap set of 89 Cutlass Supreme wheels (15 x 6) for my Cruiser, and wondered about any backspacing difference of the early W body. I'd be using no wider than a 205 tire. I like the convex crosslace wheels they used on just about every Olds model of that era.
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, summer daily driver
    1989 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, special summer ride
    1996 Cherokee XJ 4 door, 4.0, 5 speed, winter daily driver & towing vehicle
    1991 Tracker 2 door, 1.6, 5 speed, needs work
    Previously several Celebritys, 6000s, & 2 U-vans

Vehicle

I will update it. I was misinformed. I made that post before I found out about the 6000 AWD having 15" wheels.

First gen W-body wheels will work fine.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456