Thread: Message Area Suggestion

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Default Message Area Suggestion

I was thinking the other day how nice it would be to have an area for product reviews. Tools or other products. We have off topic, but mostly that has been loaded left field curiosities.

In this way, maybe someone who's looking for a tool, say a ..... die grinder or a ratchet set, could look in there. Google will crawl the site and bring more folks over.

Right about now I have some interesting things I'd like to share about some long term testing with bearing grease. I've seen David Allen using products here and there.

What do you think?

Ken T.

I like that idea and I'm willing to set it up, but my only concern would be keeping it organized. There will be duplicate threads made over time for the same product that will need to be merged. If that starts to happen then we may have to switch to an approval system to moderate threads before they go public.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

I'm good with moderation new threads, even if it takes a while for the moderator to approve the thread.

The way I see it, this site has a lot to offer in that the people who frequent it are real hands-on guys who make real quality posts. I could only dream of such a great site for my S10. It may be as the a-body line gets older, we might attract more restorations and projects. I think we've seen a few in recent years.

I might also add that it's been a joy to been on this site over the past 6 years. Thanks for the opportunity to meet some really great people.

Ken T.

My current home is S. Korea, but Tacoma, WA is where I am from.
    Vehicle
    2 85 STE. One I drive, the other is under a slowww restoration.

To Century 7667:

I think you have a terrific idea! For as we check the site, we can learn new ideas for preserving our steeds.

Thank You,

Kristopher

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher Gerbracht View Post
    To Century 7667:

I think you have a terrific idea! For as we check the site, we can learn new ideas for preserving our steeds.

Thank You,

Kristopher
    Yep. I have long term review on grease! How has Mobil1 synthetic grease done in the past 20 years since I began using it. The results may surprise you!

Ken T.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Ken I use that !!! Awesome product

Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    Yep. I have long term review on grease! How has Mobil1 synthetic grease...
    Sidebar - Uh, grease...like where is it used these days?

I think this is a great idea. As someone who is very much a noob when it comes to working on cars, a section on tools would be extremely helpful!
    Current:
    1989 Chevy Celebrity
    2006 Subaru Impreza (Daily)

Previous:
    2006 Subaru Impreza (Sold)
    2000 Honda Civic (Scrap)
    2006 Ford Ranger (Sold)
    2000 Subaru Forester (Sold)
    1994 Toyota Camry (Scrap)

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 85_Ciera_Rebuild View Post
    Sidebar - Uh, grease...like where is it used these days?
    Well, two things:

1. The front-end chassis on our a-body cars. Not many, but lower ball joints and outer tierod ends.

2. My 2001 S10 has taper bearings in the front hubs that must be repacked periodically.

But, I know what you were getting at. There's not much to grease on a car these days....

I've added the forum Product Reviews & Recommendations and moved a few threads in there that I found after a quick search. If you see anything else that should be in there, then let me know.
    - Joe

Vehicle

Thanks Joe! I'll put my post up soon. I want it to be a quality post with a few pics.

Ken T.