Thread: Cassette adapter constantly reversing

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Unhappy Cassette adapter constantly reversing

I don't normally post about silly shit like this, but it's driving me batty. I used to have a Bluetooth FM transmitter in my car, which I used for making phone calls and listening to music. It was taken by the thieves who stole my car, So I bought a cassette adapter since I can't afford anything Bluetooth at the moment. Most of the time it's fine, but more and more frequently it starts switching between forward and reverse, as if it's reaching the end of a regular tape. I can't really figure out how to make it stop. Is there something I can do to either the adapter or the deck to make it behave? Or do I just have to deal with it?

Alternatively, does anyone have a stock deck that has been modified for aux input? I remember someone making a thread about that a long time ago. I'm thinking it was either turbokinetic or mickstan_vr?
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 214k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

Vehicle
    1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 3.3 4T60

I'm sure you have tried it but I'll mention it just in case. A lot of the cassaptors only work well in one direction depending on the deck so try flipping it...

In your case I'll bet your belt is worn out and slipping. It can cause the same symptom. click,.......click,.......click,.......

Vehicle
    1989 Pontiac 6000 LE

Do you have a pic of your current radio? Depending on the type, adding an AUX in is very easy. With the older radios, it's possible to tap the wires going from the tuner to the amp board.