Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Delco Radio Repair - Right-Channel out / static / thumping noise....

Vehicle
    74 Nova, 77 Nova, 88 Cutlass Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    If we could just locate a schematic......
    The Delco factory service manuals contain full schematics of these radios. You can sometimes find used copies on ebay. Just be sure that it covers your radio's model number.

Another option might be the Sam's Photofact AR (auto radio) series manuals. A while back I picked up an original AM/FM radio for my 74 Nova ... got it cheap because it wasn't working. I didn't have any luck finding a Delco manual for it but I did find a Sam's that was just as helpful. I probably would have found the problem (a shorted filter cap in the power supply / voltage regulator section) without the schematic, but having it available made it quick & easy. I'm not sure what kind of coverage the Sam's AR manuals have for the 80's & 90's Delco radios though.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_McAvoy View Post
    The Delco factory service manuals contain full schematics of these radios. You can sometimes find used copies on ebay. Just be sure that it covers your radio's model number.

Another option might be the Sam's Photofact AR (auto radio) series manuals. A while back I picked up an original AM/FM radio for my 74 Nova ... got it cheap because it wasn't working. I didn't have any luck finding a Delco manual for it but I did find a Sam's that was just as helpful. I probably would have found the problem (a shorted filter cap in the power supply / voltage regulator section) without the schematic, but having it available made it quick & easy. I'm not sure what kind of coverage the Sam's AR manuals have for the 80's & 90's Delco radios though.
    I"ve heard of SAM's, and I was also wondering the later radios were covered. I search the web ever once in a while looking....

Ken T.

Vehicle
    74 Nova, 77 Nova, 88 Cutlass Ciera

Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    I"ve heard of SAM's, and I was also wondering the later radios were covered. I search the web ever once in a while looking....
    Yeah, I have a feeling Sams coverage of the later models might not be all that great. You might still want to search for your radio's model number on Sams website though. If found, it should bring up a listing for the Sams volume number that covers your radio. I think they charge something like $20 for a download but once you know the volume number you can often find old used paper copies being sold elsewhere for considerably less.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_McAvoy View Post
    Yeah, I have a feeling Sams coverage of the later models might not be all that great. You might still want to search for your radio's model number on Sams website though. If found, it should bring up a listing for the Sams volume number that covers your radio. I think they charge something like $20 for a download but once you know the volume number you can often find old used paper copies being sold elsewhere for considerably less.
    ...and there should be some floating out there if they exist. There are mountains of these radios still around!

Ken T.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234