Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 84 mpg

Vehicle
    1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, 2007 Subaru Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by 85_Ciera_Rebuild View Post
    Question is, is their product good to go, or were they having issues.
    That is the real question. Up until pretty recently no one had seen anything of an actual vehicle. Sometime last year they actually showed up with a prototype for some car magazines to drive. I think Jalopnik drove it and while still having a number of problems of a preproduction car including a fender fell off while driving around NY City causing them to have to get out and remove it in order to continue driving, but it did drive and function, just needig some refinement. I am not sure I heard they ever showed up anywhere with it or another car since then though.

Vehicle

as for kit cars there is this http://exomotive.com/eco-exo/

In concept pretty similar to the elio except you have to build it and source its engine, however because you build it the regulations are a bit easier in most states. Not sure what its real MPG would be but I bet it does pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by lemons bob View Post
    as for kit cars.
    Over the years, I've seen a number of kit cars available, powered via VW air cooled to V8 engines.

Eco-Exo seems high priced, and you have to source out one of those scooters.

For Lotus 7 Replicas, I think I've even seen plans, where you build it.

For those with loose change, here's some high dollar kit cars

Vehicle

I kind of like this one http://race-car-replicas.com/rcr-d-type/ because I've always found the d-type to be one of the best looking race cars ever built, but even with the purchase price of the kit you need to source the drivetrain and then many hours to get everything together. the Exo-eco might seem high but seems mechanically simple to put together and I bet with the purchase of a used scooter may still come in under the elio.

...you need to source the drivetrain and then many hours to get everything together...
    When plans are available, there can be more drive-train/suspension options...but welding skills are required.

Elio's enclosed body is what I liked. Exo-eco would be cold in winter, more so than a Lotus Seven replica. If you build a "Locost" style sportscar," one could install a heater core.

In early 1960s, my brother and I drove around in a 1956 Buick convertible, with top down, in winter months, with driver/passenger windows up...not cold much, with a good heater..

Vehicle

latest news http://jalopnik.com/elio-motors-is-l...-th-1797500072

I just can't see them raising over 100 million in additional preorders at this point. Not sure how many people would even want to buy stock in this company at this point, I mean unless it was like a penny a share at a gamble that $20 might some day cash in big for you.

Not sure how many people would even want to buy stock....
    Let Geely buy it:-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12