Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1994 Rear Coil springs install

Regarding Post #12, I did not realize you were so hairy.

Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI

Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    Hey Doc what's the part number on those springs ? Did u get them at Rock auto ? Thanks Keith
    Hey apologies for the delay--not getting online much. Jegs is now showing part #CC665 Moog--51.99 with free shipping--they are the ones who finally got the right ones to me ; - )

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Thank you so much Doc :-)

Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Top Olds View Post
    Regarding Post #12, I did not realize you were so hairy.
    yep

and I absolutely have to agree on the wrench issue--I abuse my tools way too much. I did just pick up a Tekton 1/2 inch breaker bar though

To Keith: you are welcome dude--these are for the later models--at some point they changed the rear coil spring setup for sure

Vehicle

It's ok I have a 1995 century

Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI

just put in a new inside door latch--also including pics of upgrades: radiator, tensioner, gatorback belt ; - ) new 180 thermostat install was not fun

Vehicle

The trick with the bolts on the 3100 is the swivel socket and patience I have to change mine to 180 stat will do soon tho .

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

The trick with the T-stat on the Chevy engine is to pull the throttle body. Much less frustrating in my experience. The gasket is reusable.

Those variable rate coils are definitely on my list for upgrades on my white wagon.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    The trick with the bolts on the 3100 is the swivel socket and patience I have to change mine to 180 stat will do soon tho .
    ...a small pair of hands to put everything in place for you, then you can put your socket to work!

Ken T.

Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI

Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    ...a small pair of hands to put everything in place for you, then you can put your socket to work!

Ken T.
    I don't think she'll do that for me I'm in the middle of a starter pull right now--jeez--I'll get some pics of the reinstall with some removal tips. Since as usual I'm taking things off that really don't need to come off got to pick up a 15mm wrench on the way home tomorrow--I know I USED to have one. the inside or back starter bolt area is too tight to get even my low profile tecton rachet in there. New starter should be here Saturday, hoping it is one of the newer compact replacements so I'll have a bit more room.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Salvage View Post
    I don't think she'll do that for me I'm in the middle of a starter pull right now--jeez--I'll get some pics of the reinstall with some removal tips. Since as usual I'm taking things off that really don't need to come off got to pick up a 15mm wrench on the way home tomorrow--I know I USED to have one. the inside or back starter bolt area is too tight to get even my low profile tecton rachet in there. New starter should be here Saturday, hoping it is one of the newer compact replacements so I'll have a bit more room.
    It's tight up in there. I'll probably upgrade to a PMG starter; may be easier to install since it is lighter/smaller....and has just as much torque, it not more!

Ken T.

Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI

Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    It's tight up in there. I'll probably upgrade to a PMG starter; may be easier to install since it is lighter/smaller....and has just as much torque, it not more!

Ken T.
    Hoping the starter I'm waiting on (from Amazon) is a little one--I'll get a post up in the mechanical section and get some pics posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12