Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: 1994 Rear Coil springs install

  1. #16
    Senior Member Drop Top Olds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Regarding Post #12, I did not realize you were so hairy.



  2. #17
    Senior Member Doc Salvage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Center Point Alabama
    Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    Hey Doc what's the part number on those springs ? Did u get them at Rock auto ? Thanks Keith
    Hey apologies for the delay--not getting online much. Jegs is now showing part #CC665 Moog--51.99 with free shipping--they are the ones who finally got the right ones to me ; - )

  3. #18
    Senior Member Keiths1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Thank you so much Doc :-)

  4. #19
    Senior Member Doc Salvage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Center Point Alabama
    Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drop Top Olds View Post
    Regarding Post #12, I did not realize you were so hairy.
    yep

    and I absolutely have to agree on the wrench issue--I abuse my tools way too much. I did just pick up a Tekton 1/2 inch breaker bar though

    To Keith: you are welcome dude--these are for the later models--at some point they changed the rear coil spring setup for sure

  5. #20
    Senior Member Keiths1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    It's ok I have a 1995 century

  6. #21
    Senior Member Doc Salvage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Center Point Alabama
    Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI
    Posts
    198

    Default

    just put in a new inside door latch--also including pics of upgrades: radiator, tensioner, gatorback belt ; - ) new 180 thermostat install was not fun








  7. #22
    Senior Member Keiths1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    The trick with the bolts on the 3100 is the swivel socket and patience I have to change mine to 180 stat will do soon tho .

  8. #23
    Senior Member Duke George V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lost Wages
    Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon
    Posts
    2,477

    Default

    The trick with the T-stat on the Chevy engine is to pull the throttle body. Much less frustrating in my experience. The gasket is reusable.

    Those variable rate coils are definitely on my list for upgrades on my white wagon.

  9. #24
    Senior Member Century7667's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    The trick with the bolts on the 3100 is the swivel socket and patience I have to change mine to 180 stat will do soon tho .
    ...a small pair of hands to put everything in place for you, then you can put your socket to work!

    Ken T.

  10. #25
    Senior Member Doc Salvage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Center Point Alabama
    Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    ...a small pair of hands to put everything in place for you, then you can put your socket to work!

    Ken T.
    I don't think she'll do that for me I'm in the middle of a starter pull right now--jeez--I'll get some pics of the reinstall with some removal tips. Since as usual I'm taking things off that really don't need to come off got to pick up a 15mm wrench on the way home tomorrow--I know I USED to have one. the inside or back starter bolt area is too tight to get even my low profile tecton rachet in there. New starter should be here Saturday, hoping it is one of the newer compact replacements so I'll have a bit more room.

  11. #26
    Senior Member Century7667's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Salvage View Post
    I don't think she'll do that for me I'm in the middle of a starter pull right now--jeez--I'll get some pics of the reinstall with some removal tips. Since as usual I'm taking things off that really don't need to come off got to pick up a 15mm wrench on the way home tomorrow--I know I USED to have one. the inside or back starter bolt area is too tight to get even my low profile tecton rachet in there. New starter should be here Saturday, hoping it is one of the newer compact replacements so I'll have a bit more room.
    It's tight up in there. I'll probably upgrade to a PMG starter; may be easier to install since it is lighter/smaller....and has just as much torque, it not more!

    Ken T.

  12. #27
    Senior Member Doc Salvage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Center Point Alabama
    Vehicle
    1994 Ciera, 3.1 MPI
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Century7667 View Post
    It's tight up in there. I'll probably upgrade to a PMG starter; may be easier to install since it is lighter/smaller....and has just as much torque, it not more!

    Ken T.
    Hoping the starter I'm waiting on (from Amazon) is a little one--I'll get a post up in the mechanical section and get some pics posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
VigLink badge