Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Member For Sale (Craigslist, eBay, etc)

Vehicle
    Red 01 Chevy Cavalier coupe

another example of old lady car

look the steering wheel, is like new!!

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3686581335.html

my fleet:
    02 Chevy TrailBlazer for the wife
    02 VW Old Style Beetle daily driver
    90 Chevy Custom Truck proyect!!

Vehicle
    1990 Chevy Celebrity Wagon 3.1 MPFI

'89 Ciera 2-door here in northern Virginia. dark red on red interior with floor shift. Looks like it'd probably clean up pretty well.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...824817903.html

The Fleet:
    1990 Chevy Celebrity Wagon - Silver - Rust in Pieces
    1985 Chevy Caprice wagon - Cream, Project/cruiser
    2012 Chevy Sonic hatch - DD
    2012 Chevy Equinox - the new ride

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet1990 View Post
    '89 Ciera 2-door here in northern Virginia. dark red on red interior with floor shift. Looks like it'd probably clean up pretty well.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...824817903.html

Want!!!!

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Quote Originally Posted by fred924 View Post
    Gonna have to respectfully disagree. The paint is very well done, I'll give you that. But all it says to me is a lot of money was spent on a base model wagon. The Autozone stick-on fender vents and hood scoop scream boy racer, it doesn't have a third seat, it has a full bench up front, base gauge cluster, it's been debadged so you can't tell what engine it has, and is that expanding insulation foam holding the radio in the dash?

Vehicle
    none

It's a 1989 with overdrive (check the indicator above the column), makes it a 2.8 MPFI V6 by default. It's definitely a base model, no cruise, no tilt, no power options, solid bench. The wheels could stay or go. The paint is OK, could be better, probably a recent Maaco job. The stick-on vents and scoop can thankfully be removed. And yes, that is foam. Horrible job, but we all know how tough it is to remove the bezel on a Celebrity to change the radio.

I could make it nice, but not getting it for $1200. I'd rather start with a $300-500 Celebrity if I have to re-do everything right. And I'd rather have vent windows and the third seat model, and tilt wheel (if not also cruise).
    Alan Moore - TOAD Roadside - Worthington, OH

08 Cobalt LT sedan, black, 209K, Doordash and UberEATS beater

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

Well, other than the one listed above, if anyone runs across a 5 speed A-Body, or 5 speed W-body, let me know. I think I am going to be looking for a good fuel mileage commuter car in the near future.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Vehicle
    1987 Olds Cutlass Ciera 231ci

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac6ksteawd View Post
    Well, other than the one listed above, if anyone runs across a 5 speed A-Body, or 5 speed W-body, let me know. I think I am going to be looking for a good fuel mileage commuter car in the near future.
    If you're looking for an economical 5 speed, I think you would be better served with an import of some kind, particularly one that produces a lot of them.

A body and W body 5 speeds are a rare bunch (A body, even more so!) and finding parts for their specific needs would be a major PITA!

'87 Olds Cutlass Ciera 3.8 SFI V6, 63K miles
    '85 Chevy Celebrity wagon 2.8 V6
    '84 Chevy Celebrity 2.8 V6 (my very first car!)

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

That may be true, however, I want something I can work on, fix, and get back on the road. Also something WITHOUT a timing belt.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac6ksteawd View Post
    That may be true, however, I want something I can work on, fix, and get back on the road. Also something WITHOUT a timing belt.
    Belts are fine as long as you follow the change intervals, I used to be fearful, but not after owning a few.

Toyota engines are non-interference, so busting one wont bend anything. Hondas on the other hand are interference, not good!

I had a couple of the 87-91 5 speed 4 cyl. camrys, so friggin easy to work on and super reliable... even the timing belt is a breeze!!
    As compared to a 94 sentra for example; it does have a chain, but they go bad and cause more issues than a belt would!

You can also try a Ford Focus, they are easy to find in the 5 speed variety, I had one, fun little cars.
    They are not without their problems, but not anymore than any other car out on the road. I did the (Monroe quickstrut) struts and shocks myself, easy to work on.
    In fact, I did mostly everything on that car except oil changes, ironically enough.

-Ivan

Vehicle
    1987 Chevrolet Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Duke George V View Post
    Gonna have to respectfully disagree. The paint is very well done, I'll give you that. But all it says to me is a lot of money was spent on a base model wagon. The Autozone stick-on fender vents and hood scoop scream boy racer, it doesn't have a third seat, it has a full bench up front, base gauge cluster, it's been debadged so you can't tell what engine it has, and is that expanding insulation foam holding the radio in the dash?
    Yeah I have all those parts so swapping out the interior isn't a big deal to me. As long as the body & undercarriage isn't rotted out I can deal with any other imperfections. I don't have kids, and at most there are only 2 other people in the car, so I don't need the third seat. But yeah, you're right it probably belonged to some stupid kid who ran the crap out of it and thats why he's getting rid of it. And the fact that they hacked up the dash tells me that they're idiots who don't know what they are doing. Here in NJ these stupid kids are everywhere, and they ruin perfectly good cars with all these cheesy mods, and they usually only keep them a couple months, after they're done beating them.

I would only buy it as a project car, not as a daily driver.
    Last edited by fred924; 05-30-2013 at 07:26 PM.

1987 Chevy Celebrity 2.8 MPFI , 68K Original Miles

1997 Ford Ranger, 90K Miles

http://www.youtube.com/fred924

Vehicle
    2003 Taurus

I'd rather drive a cobbled together rustbucket Ford than a brand new Chrysler anyday.

Vehicle
    1987 Chevrolet Celebrity

2 X-bodies for sale. I hardly see these on craigslist much less 2 at a time. Both have problems but you can make 1 good out of these 2 rough one. Bodies don't look rotted, but the one is smashed and the other has a bad head gasket according to the owners. One has the 4 and the other has the 6, would it even be possible to swap engines without it being a major PITA?

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3761078333.html

1987 Chevy Celebrity that looks exactly like mine except it has the 2.5. The trunk is messed up and its missing door trims too.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3775192618.html

1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with 48K miles. This one has been on for a long time, this guy can't give this car away.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3840642858.html

Last edited by fred924; 06-04-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Vehicle
    1987 Chevrolet Celebrity

Vehicle

These sellers want too much $$$$! Low miles means little or nothing on old cars!
    Rubber drys out, so all hoses need be replaced. Seals dry out, so leaks are common. The list goes on and on!

Ask me how I know.... I bought my '87 Ciera with 51k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by babyivan View Post
    These sellers want too much $$$$! Low miles means little or nothing on old cars!
    Rubber drys out, so all hoses need be replaced. Seals dry out, so leaks are common. The list goes on and on!

Ask me how I know.... I bought my '87 Ciera with 51k miles.
    I know what you mean! The low milage is good for the condition of the interior and mechanical parts. But it's years of aging that you'll be fixing up.

I don't know about your area, but down south, used cars are fetching a premium these days. For a running car, with everything working and no big issues, you can pay $2500 to $3000.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast