Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Front struts - U-van versus A-car - Interchange?

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Duke be careful they used the same line up with the full size wagon cars and same part number as well moonkilla(Carlos got burnt ) on a set

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Variable rate rear springs:
    94+ Sedan: CC663
    94+ Wagon: CC665

Vehicle

Yes I know but I will ask him he look up the rear station wagon springs for a 1990 Ciera wagon and they shipped him a full size rwd station wagon spring with the same part number basically a mess up on the company I think it was rock auto have to ask moonkilla tho.

Vehicle

New strut equipment installed on 95 assembly :-) both are done just have to get cash to get a alighnment . My car had quick struts for 2 years and they are about done so I got the struts from rock auto .

That's crazy the quick struts failed in 2 years. How many miles did you put on them?

Vehicle

David sad really 15,000 and they were by Monroe to I got a clicking on one side and felt it was little bouncy sure enough not holding up . So I pulled yard struts from a 96 a-body with 75k and replace the strut itself and everything else was good .

Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    David sad really 15,000 and they were by Monroe to I got a clicking on one side and felt it was little bouncy sure enough not holding up . So I pulled yard struts from a 96 a-body with 75k and replace the strut itself and everything else was good .
    Yeah - I've never been a fan of those. For one; you can't see that the shock cartridge actually has gas pressure in it. I've received several 'bare' struts that didn't have a charge. I sent them back. If the spring is already on there, you can't tell.

Also, you never know what quality strut mount was used.... and the springs ARE different for our cars based on the engine weight - and they claim the quick strut fits any of them.

Never had good feelings about those.

Vehicle
    1989 Buick Century Limited 3.3

I'm going to be doing this swap onto my 89 century pretty soon. Currently running 225/50R16 with the help of large spacers up front, like 2 inch or something. Hopefully it'll all still fit afterwards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123