Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The 1990 Celebrity Project

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Yeah, don't mess with it. There comes a time when safety becomes a priority and that is definitely not safe anymore. Here in Chicago salt eats up cars like crazy. My neighbor has a '93 Olds that did something similar but the underside of his car is rust proofed. Just the axle gave way so we ordered a clean rust free one from down south and installed it. It's not an easy job to do either. But in that particular case it was well worth it.

I don't see many a-body's around here anymore.............but when one is on the road it really sticks out.

Vehicle
    1990 Chevy Celebrity Wagon 3.1 MPFI

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Yeah, don't mess with it. There comes a time when safety becomes a priority and that is definitely not safe anymore. Here in Chicago salt eats up cars like crazy. My neighbor has a '93 Olds that did something similar but the underside of his car is rust proofed. Just the axle gave way so we ordered a clean rust free one from down south and installed it. It's not an easy job to do either. But in that particular case it was well worth it.

I don't see many a-body's around here anymore.............but when one is on the road it really sticks out.

Yep, the whole safety thing was #1 for me too, besides the lack of extra time to tackle such a job, seeing how bad it really was made me say nope, not fixing it as there's been occasional times we had the kid riding in it, and it needs to be safe as it can be for that type of duty. And indeed, around here in the DC area an A-body is a rare sight (even the last of the Olds/Buick variants).

I'll have a few spare parts from/for this car I'll be looking to offload... once i round things up I'll make a thread in the for-sale section.

To sum things up... this wagon served me well and gave me 6 1/2 years of cheap motoring. So it's now on to the next chapter....
    The Fleet:
    1990 Chevy Celebrity Wagon - Silver - Rust in Pieces
    1985 Chevy Caprice wagon - Cream, Project/cruiser
    2012 Chevy Sonic hatch - DD
    2012 Chevy Equinox - the new ride

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011