Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Assorted ramblings and bolt-ons with Daniel and George

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

he;lp pls

Vehicle

Well, I spoke with Mike Miller of Milzy Motorsports on the phone, and he pointed me to my quick-and-dirty twist-and-tape splicing of a new TPS connector. Upon further inspection, one of the wires was tapeless and possibly touching the throttle cable bracket. That would explain the seeming random nature of the issue. At some point in the near future, I will probably solder the wires. For now, I have rerouted the wires away from the throttle bracket, and once I get a hold of some more tape, I will liberally apply some.

Mike also reiterated a probable cause for my persistent P0171 code: the rear valve cover ventilation hole. It's essentially open and causing a vacuum leak, because I have nowhere to put a hose. I will probably have to drill a hole in the coupler between the MAF and TB to insert the hose.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Awesome Daniel !! Glad he could get back to you pronto..

Vehicle

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

That's really awesome. Congrats!
    Jerry

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Wow! That is just great.

Vehicle

I'm a fuckup!

Vehicle

It's ok my friend be glad it's not much worse that is small damage that can be easily repaired . Think about it the airbag came out and much worse things the insurance would have totaled it out . Those parts are easily to fine New and from the look of it the bumper wasn't damaged so the fiber glass facia is the only hard part to find in white . Don't you have that old parts car still ? Junk yard run and possible find a white matching clip . Don't be down on yourself my friend you were, A. Able to walk away from it B. She is still drivable with small minute damage and last C. A parts car has what your girl needs for the small repair .

Vehicle

Productive trip to the yard.

Vehicle
    1984 Buick Century Olympia 3.8SFI Turbo V6

Good to find those parts!

I also had a good yard run today, finding the elusive trunk lid luggage rack / spoiler setup for my 89 Ciera Coupe.

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Too bad we aren't closer, it must have been the day! I got my 10K steps in yesterday and picked up a CDM from a '92 Seville for a radio project. Probably my last trip for this year with the weather
    Last edited by CorvairGeek; 11-13-2017 at 01:02 AM.
    Jerry

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

10 years ago, I purchased that front clip, NOS. It's in the attic! Never got around to putting it on. I need a fender as well.

Ken T.

Vehicle

So the wagon is broken now.

p0122 throttle posision sensor
    p0171 bank 1 lean
    p0327 knock sensor
    p0740 tcc solenoid
    p0753 shift solenoid a
    p0758 shift solenoid b
    p1122 cruise
    p1406 egr
    p1554 cruise
    p1651 fan 1
    p1652 fan 2
    p1655 evap
    p1671 quad C
    p1672 low oil lamp

I'm planning to take a trip to a wrecking yard in Fontana, CA, tomorrow morning to pick up a transmission, since it's not acting anywhere close to right (obviously). Regardless of whether the quad C is a culprit of any of these codes, the transmission recently started making tons of concerning noises, so I need one anyway. The EGR code is probably due to the boss for one of the mounting bolts stripping out and the bolt fleeing the scene, so it's not mounted flush with the manifold anymore. The cruise control codes are probably caused by the mounting incompatibility between my stock module and the Lumina cable I'm using, and is completely irrelevant since the cruise works. The fan 1 is a bit of a mystery, but fan 2 is not. It's physically broken. My car does not have a low oil indicator, nor is there even a place in the harness to plug in the bypass Milzy sent me in the swap kit.

Vehicle

The 96 should ? Runs off the oil pressure switch and knock sensor harness and runs underneath where the plastic cover to the flywheel is where the tranny and engine come together .

Vehicle

Right, there is a low oil pressure light, but no indicator for low oil level. Some vehicles had one, some don't. As far as I know, mine does not have an oil level sensor or a light in the cluster.

A number of folks in the various Facebook groups I also posted this in suggested there could be an issue with the PCM, since so many codes cropped up all at once. That would be less expensive than swapping the transmission, but would be a bit of a wait, since it's the custom '97 PCM I bought from Milzy Motorsports. I am waiting on an e-mail response from Mike about this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678