Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Assorted ramblings and bolt-ons with Daniel and George

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

How did u make out with the oil filter housing ac compressor

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    How did u make out with the oil filter housing ac compressor
    After getting the headers, I got an adapter off of a Skylark. Turns out that it would not solve the problem, even by turning it 180 degrees. I need to try and find the Malibu adapter the engine came with, or get one from the yard. Hopefully my initial assessment (that it would put the filter in interference with the subframe) was incorrect. For the time being, I do not have air conditioning. This is unfortunate, since summer has arrived in Las Vegas.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

Those of you who have been following this build may recall a dilemma I've been facing for some time: air conditioning. I am currently attempting to survive another Las Vegas summer without it. Here's why.

The original AC compressor is incompatible with the LX9. The mounting points are all wrong. I found a compressor that mounts correctly, specified for a 94-98 V6 N-body, and has the ports for the refrigerant hoses in the correct location to bolt the stock hoses on. However, the oil filter interferes with the hoses. I went to the yard (when I found those headers) and got a filter adapter off of a Skylark, in the interest of moving the filter out of the way of the hoses. That ended up putting the filter even more in the way.

Then I found this: https://www.amazon.com/Transdapt-135.../dp/B000N8GTJ0

It's a remote filter adapter. Just put it wherever I want! I imagine I will need two of them, some fittings and oil cooler hose in the right size, to make it work. Anyone wanna brainstorm with me about where to locate it?

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Honestly Daniel is put in in the passenger fender well near the bumper under the evap canister and keep it simple and short hoses or close to the horn there is a good support near there

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213