Thread: Buick Century update - NOT GOOD !

Default Buick Century update - NOT GOOD !

This kills me to post this , when to see the car with only 54k on her that came out of Florida that was even parked in a garage. First judging the body I would give it a strong 8 out of 10, which had its bunch of front and rear dings and bumps (GRANDMA) driven. The interior I would give almost a 10!!!!:naugh No smells ,nothing worn out, seats almost perfect and power seats too !
    We tried to start it but first checked the oil ,,yuk milk shake. Dead battery so we had to jump it been sitting for a month . So we turned it over and she wanted to start but didn't, so we let the battery charge up more. I said, let me check the oil level and guess what , the oil level was so way over the fill level so I am think the dam crank case is fill with antifreeze. He told me the car started to spuder real bad before he parked it.
    So good think it did not start the engine would of blown up and so the owner upset and I'm bum'd . Told him nicely its a scrap car new engine 2k plus. I was thinking to offer $100 to $150.00 and take a chance
    Any thoughts please

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

My thought sir like I said before offer 100 bucks Tow it out and you have a idea what your getting into its a tear down and replace . Head gaskets intake gasket loss of compression from a bad head gasket . Worse case you find a newer 3100 v6 and go from there or change pulling it apart and rebuild it. Also a month sitting bad gas who knows but I think dirt cheap get the title and bring her home and then test into it . See if you have a garage and time and patience and willing to save a low mileage car from the scrap yard I would jump on it . Knowing you could have a dead engine or not it's a chance cause the transmission is the most expensive part and it's got low mileage so you should be good there . The motor with low mileage can be redone also can search for a used engine and swap it in and then rebuild the one as a learning process since low mileage . The milk shake don't scare me as much but like I said a bad head gasket will throw off compression and not start . Drain oil add cheap oil and filter and do a compression test start there if you know the reea bank or front bank is low compression it's a headgasket and then order what you need . Keep in mind the heads are pricey to get checked and milled for a good seal . Get cheap and this way a easy grand or 1500 into her you will get a low mileage car with a rebuilt engine vs buying a car and it dies from in know reason . A used 3100 for that could get for 300-500 all depends on mileage . But get the car first do the compression and get a starting point . Hope this helps my name is Keith email is mx67627@aol.com anyone on the forums will chime in and help out as well but to let a low mileage car go would be silly . Even a non running one cause all said and done you will have new car pee say with low mileage .

Well, I just scored a deal with the guy and he was calling a junk yard so they offered him $150.00 and I told him I will do the same and give it new life. I am going to do the head gaskets but before I do , I am going to flush out the engine of all antifreeze ,drain out all the oil in the pan and let it just drain for a day or two. Do a split 50/50 of cheap engine oil and auto tranny fluid. Pull the plugs out and crank over the engine and let it purge through the system then drain and repeat. I might even go as far to pull the engine out check a main cap bearing also. The automantic transmission fluid is a great trick that I've learned.
    How do you post pictures on this fourm ?