Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ciera let me down.

Vehicle
    1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3

That's normal haha. I have to unplug my power antenna in the winter it freezes no matter what.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

I'm a little late to the party, but I looked into batteries last year. One thing that was interesting that I found was that the Die Hard batteries were NOT all made by the same manufacturer. The Die Hard GOLD was made by one company, and the other lesser Die Hards were made by someone else.

When I was first starting out I used Interstate batteries, but as time went along, it wasn't always easy to find them back in the day. I started to get the Champion batteries at Sam's Club (20 years ago or so), but they leaked! After I ran a few of those I got fed up with them. I also bought AC Delco batteries back then too (back when Target sold batteries!), but they started to leak in the late 90's. So, I quit them.

I always had good luck with Johnson Controls batteries, and they are pretty much everywhere. I've used them for the last 15 years or so. To be fair to AC Delco, the one I have in our 2012 Silverado is 4 years old, no leaks and cranks strong ( I am visiting Wisconsin at the moment and while not quite a cold as Minnesota, it's been -6 to about 16 over the last few days. Never the less, since the battery is getting long in the tooth, I hedged my bet and bought a Booster Pac ES5000.)

When I was up north last year I chanced upon Deka batteries; apparently these are American made, and that fascinated me. So, I found out later that batteries sold under the Napa, Duracell, and Deka manufactured by East Penn. So, I took the plunge and my '95 Century has a East Penn battery in the engine bay (Napa). It's only been a year, so far so good.

Ken T.

i changed my car battery during winter. its been almost 2 years and i didn't faced any problem till now.
    I have used deep cycle battery which is very nice to use and not that much expensive

I have found a deep cycle battery from here check it out. It will surely help you.

A deep cycle battery will have two or three times the RC of a car battery, but will deliver one-half or three-quarters the CCAs. In addition, a deep cycle battery can withstand several hundred total discharge/recharge cycles, while a car battery is not designed to be totally discharged.

I think in this case everyone would have used them for a long time

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBarrera View Post
    I think in this case everyone would have used them for a long time
    Actually, no. Deep Cycles dont have the CCA for extended cranking. If you lived in the south, you probably could get away with it, and not have any worries. But for me, in the winter, at my cabin.. Not a chance in -17F temps.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12