Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Ciera International coupe

Vehicle
    1990 ciera international series coupe

Default My Ciera International coupe

Finally brought it home yesterday, here's a link to my photo bucket, I'll add pics to the thread once I get to an actual computer, and will add pics to this link as I take them.

View Album, http://s61.photobucket.com/user/heat.../library/ciera

The car is well kept, and in decent condition,but has some needs for the new future. I'm coming up on 100 miles already, and here is my views...rear end clunking, prior owner stated its been there for years, replacing shocks didn't change it. Quick check under it, no noticed play. Fuel odor on occasion. Motor mounts need replaced. Idle fluctuates less than 200 RPMs at idle. Needs gaskets...oil seeping various areas. Weather stripping, speakers, dew wipes, door pins and bushings (saggy doors) needed. Dash shake at, 70+. Overall a good ride with minor repairs needed.

Vehicle
    1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette, 1989 GMC Sierra C1500, 2005 Chevrolet Corvette, 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT

Saw it in the facebook group. Looks fantastic.
    Jay

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

There are rubber spring insulators under the top and bottom of each spring . Also check the rear suspension to body bolts under rear back door should be 4 there is a pivot bushing in there as well as the other side too . Rock auto sells the spring insulators for 8 bucks or so grab set of 4 if there different make sure cause 94-96 a-bodies have different springs on the rear axle cause the perch design was changed . The 90 had the older style make sure it's not prone to rusting out and the spring can pop out of the slot cause of rust and cause clunking . To change the sping insulators they are really easy jack up the rear and place jack stands on the body mounts marked for support floor jack with a 2x4 on the center of the axle , raise the axle with a 1 inch or 2 to take the weight off then in bolt the shocks to axle and then the track bar to axle bolt then lower down till the spring practically falls out . Hope this helps keith . The fuel odor there is a rubber hose that connects to the tank from the emission return line to gas tank it always breaks and splits causeing s gas smell from the back side of the car

Vehicle
    cartruckcartruckcarcarcarcarcarcar

I saw it in the FB group too, welcome to A-body.net. Nice car and I'm always glad to see another coupe owner on here!!
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity coupe
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 81 Citation

Vehicle

Thanks! I'll crawl under again and look. I quickly looked at the insulators the other day, they seemed soft and in good shape but it wasn't on jackstands or anything. There's hardly any rust under it from what I saw. But, again, I climbed under it just to make sure nothing was going to break immediately. I've had it a little over 48 hours and already passed the 150 mile mark. I'm in love! Light years ahead of my pos expedition...especially on mpgs...Lol. 25 averaged so far according to the car. The expeditions best was 9...

Vehicle

Dang the gas tanker got its knickname from

Vehicle

In its defense... The poor suv has broken exhaust manifold bolts and possibly warpage, egr unplugged...alignment is waaaayy off...It's got its issues. I was only searching for a beater to drive everyday instead of that, so I searched craigslist and came upon the ciera. I got extremely lucky in this deal, even with its quirks.
    Last edited by 90interntlcpe; 02-13-2017 at 10:20 PM. Reason: darn auto correct

Vehicle

It's ok buddy has one it gets 9 around town lol 14 highway with bigger tires and 4x4

Vehicle

That's better than this one. It's normal is 7. Lol. It has slightly bigger tires than stock. It's all city mileage though. I think 11 highway. It spent a lot of time sitting though, judging by the 127k miles and massive under body rot

Vehicle

Hey guys, just a quick update on the coupe...I have racked up nearly 600 miles on her, and love driving it. Things I am noticing are slowly getting resolved...I am pretty sure that my rear clunking is in my gas tank. I know this sounds odd, but if I lightly smack the tank, I hear something loose, and right afterwards, the gauge shoots to full for a short time before settling slowly back down, over say a half hour. Also, I took the drum off to look at inside of it, and since I put it on I get a noise from that side when stopping from highway speeds. And I have dash flap (lol) at 70 mph, I have already seen lots of cracks when replacing my blown front speakers, and my heater control panel is just hanging there, the bolt holes disintegrated. Hoping to eventually find a dash in better condition. I am loving the 30+ mpg on the highway, and she runs great. Anxiously awaiting the warmer weather so I can start putting parts that I have for her on!

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

That car will be fun to work on. I love the engine on these. Congrats

Vehicle

Thank you, this is my 3rd 3300.. my first had an epic 340k+ on the original drivetrain. I love em dearly.

Vehicle

Well guys, I'm back. It was about an 18 month hiatus, after regrettably trading it for an Astro van, but I bought it back a week ago. Ive actually had it over a month, since the guy gave up on it at his work. It blew a rubber cap on an unneeded port on the radiator, and overheated on his way to work. I rigged a piece of heater hose, a nut and bolt inside that with some rtv and a hose clamp, and got it home no issues. Then the water pump started leaking. He had no interest in getting it back. I seized the opportunity and picked it back up. It pulls left pretty bad, until cresting a hill, the front struts are soft, and I think it needs a front wheel bearing. But she is as good as she was 18 months ago

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Welcome Back! The 3300 will survive an overheat much better than engines with aluminum heads/iron block or Iron Duke heads.
    Keep in mind that your transmission fluid has been overheated too.
    Jerry

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

Welcome back to the fray of a-bodyness!
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast