Thread: 4 speed muncie shift cable bracket for 85-87 fwd cars

Default 4 speed muncie shift cable bracket for 85-87 fwd cars

Hey guys,

on 'some' of the GM FWD 4 speed muncie cars from '85-'87( cavalier, celebrity, skylark, skyhawk, cimmaron, etc ), there is a bracket that mounts on the case to hold the shift cables.
    does anybody have one of these FWD shift cable brackets that they want to part with? 84 and earlier transmission casings don't have the bracket, they have the cable mounts molded into the casing, which is a no go for me, since the 84 and earlier casing is weak compared to the '85-'87 design.
    if anybody has a shift cable bracket for an 85-87 FWD 4-speed muncie, id love to take it off your hands, let me know how much!

Also, if anyone has a hydraulic clutch pedal assembly, master/slave cyl, and all the parts i need to convert the cable clutch setup to hydraulic. I am looking for that as well

email me at stickpony@gmail.com
    Last edited by stickpony; 03-20-2017 at 01:04 AM.

I think I actually have one of these, from an '86 Celebrity. I'll be home in a week or two and double check.
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe, '86 Eurosport sedan, '86 Eurosport sedan, '88 Eurosport VR coupe, '88 Eurosport wagon, '93 Ciera sedan

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

You still have the caddy 4.9 motor in that x-body ?

Quote Originally Posted by 86euro View Post
    I think I actually have one of these, from an '86 Celebrity. I'll be home in a week or two and double check.
    that would be most excellent.

if you have the hydraulic clutch pedal assembly, master/slave cylinder, and any other parts i need to convert from the cable clutch, let me know about that as well

thanks!
    Last edited by stickpony; 03-20-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 86euro View Post
    any luck on this?

I'm home, but haven't found it yet. It's out in the barn and I need daylight to see out there... might have a chance to look a little more after work tomorrow and before dinner plans.
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe, '86 Eurosport sedan, '86 Eurosport sedan, '88 Eurosport VR coupe, '88 Eurosport wagon, '93 Ciera sedan

Well, either I don't have it, or I just can't find it. What I could find is a clutch cable bracket, it was with my shifter and console bezel. But I couldn't find my shift cables, so if I have the bracket, maybe it's with those.
    -Andy

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that I have a shifter, cables or bezel for sale. I'd like to keep those parts.
    -Andy