Thread: Tune up

Vehicle
    1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 3.3

Default Tune up

Well I've owned my car for about 3 years now and only put about 18k on it. Lately it seems to have a little bit of 'lump' to the idle. Only thing I havent changed since getting car is plugs and wires. Whats suggested?

Vehicle
    1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, 2007 Subaru Legacy GT

Change the fuel filter. Its cheap, really easy to get to and do, and most people forget to ever do it.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Low miles, cold weather.... My suggestion would be a good cleaning of the Throttle Body.

Ken T.

Vehicle

Fuel filter has already been changed. I'll clean the throttle body soon. I ordered ac Delco plug wires off rock auto. 6$. I think I'll pick up some ac Delco platinum plugs when the wires come.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Coils would be my guess to ohm test them and change the coolant temperature sensor

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    Coils would be my guess to ohm test them and change the coolant temperature sensor
    All the secondary terminals checked good, of course I can't test the primary terminals without finding smaller test leads. My wires should be here today so hopefully I can do plugs and wires. The auto store should have the ac delco platinuns in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciera91 View Post
    All the secondary terminals checked good, of course I can't test the primary terminals without finding smaller test leads. My wires should be here today so hopefully I can do plugs and wires. The auto store should have the ac delco platinuns in stock.
    I found corrosion on the metal connector/terminal inside the #1 spark plug boot on my '93 Ciera. No idea how it got in there. All the others were corrosion-free. Go figure ...

8. 04-30-2017, 02:28 AM