Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirt track racing

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Sorry my friend I will try my Best to explain with out Photobucket take 1/4 square steel tubing and go from passenger strut to drivers radiator support by battery then another support from drivers strut to passenger radiator support under the hood to strengthen the engine cage /engine box is what the call it to reinforce the engine radiator and help with frontal impacts . Weak spots is the strut towers to the body/frame as well as the radiator support .Pm me my friend . Your using the X of the 1/4 steel square tubing to support firewall to radiator support .

Ok I follow now, I'll meet it in mind. Next time I'm looking at the bay I'll see how it might work. My concern would be making hard to work in the engine bay

Vehicle

You can weld L brackets to the areas I said and use bolts and nuts that are stronger but also to remove you can take off if need to service or pull motor . A good hit to the passenger/driver strut tower would cause it to crease and pull away from the engine bay and pretty much it's done without welding but honestly at that point the structure integrity of the front end is done .

Hand brake update

The master cylinder has 2 lines going to the rear, I assume one to each side.
    My hydro only has one line going in and one out so it seems it would be more work than I originally thought to use this hydro (I'm thinking use a T in and a T out)

Anyway, the tires I can get are 26 inches tall. My "stock" tires are 24 inches tall. Can anyone see this being a problem? Will the tire rub the strut or anything like that and I don't want to stress and break components

Haven't worked on the front cage any other than taking the bumper struts out (apparently there was a bolt on the back side in the frame rail) (I broke that bolt)

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

FWIW, be aware that transverse engine, front drive GMs split the brake hydraulics diagonally, rather than front and rear, like other GMs with dual reservoir master cylinders since 1967.
    Jerry

That sounds awful

Vehicle

Pm me sir

Keith hey I'm on mobile and have not figured out how to send messages.
    I have Facebook, Instagram and YouTube all @trashedteg
    Or if you want you can e mail me vegas23nokia@gmail.com

Found a race the 7th and 8th.
    I got new tires they are 7x14 tractor tires.
    I noticed I have a hole in the radiator so I new to cut that core and patch that .
    Then the rest of my time will be spent on a new bumper. I don't know where I'm getting the time for the but we will see how it goes.
    I had to hammer the drivers side floor board up a little to make room for the tire at full lock left.
    The tire was less that a half inch from the "spring protector" (the piece of metal coming off the spring seat over the tire) so I had to cut that back . Otherwise they fit fine and look awesome.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXF42NXA8tm/

Instagram Link to photos of tires,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12