Thread: Fuel injection questions

Default Fuel injection questions

Hey all, got it all ripped down and all going well. As I said , the 3.1 buick engine has only 54k milage on it. Should I just say screw it and throw in new injectors while it's a part ?
    Who make decent one ?

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Definitely not, OEM injectors have at least 150K miles left in them.
    Jerry

Thank you !

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

I would get her up running and use good gas in take her a for a good long highway run once a month or so .

Planning to put a 1200 miles on a trip New York to North Carolina

Vehicle

Nice my 95 century did a New York to Florida run

What was your mpg?
    I've been told 22 to 24 they will get

Vehicle

I guess comes to a few factors how fast ya going I have did 75 roughly the whole way she gets good highway mileage 26-28 mpg , around town 17-19 depends if I open up the 3100 on spurts . Make sure all is up to date mechanically tune up etc tire pressure . I reckon she will do really good on the highway . Keep in mind when you get her up to highway speed feather the gas all the way she can stay at a good speed on her own or cruise control which ever . I use mine on the highway all the time its a cruiser and it's what they are meant to do . At times these cars were best at 55-60mph before speeds were increased to where they are now to get the max miles per gallon. out of them . I go to Tampa a lot in Florida from my home 3.5 hours and get 26+ per gallon cause of the overdrive transmission those seem very low unless u have a lead foot .

Vehicle
    1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, 2007 Subaru Legacy GT

I would check the resistance on all of them. These injectors tend to short them self out. Just use a multimeter on the two prongs. I think they should be around 12 or 13 ohm. If they are much lower than that they won't work right and if each injector isn't pretty close to being the same amount they won't work right.

Vehicle
    1993 Buick Century 3300 V6

Quote Originally Posted by Keiths1976 View Post
    I guess comes to a few factors how fast ya going I have did 75 roughly the whole way she gets good highway mileage 26-28 mpg , around town 17-19 depends if I open up the 3100 on spurts . Make sure all is up to date mechanically tune up etc tire pressure . I reckon she will do really good on the highway . Keep in mind when you get her up to highway speed feather the gas all the way she can stay at a good speed on her own or cruise control which ever . I use mine on the highway all the time its a cruiser and it's what they are meant to do . At times these cars were best at 55-60mph before speeds were increased to where they are now to get the max miles per gallon. out of them . I go to Tampa a lot in Florida from my home 3.5 hours and get 26+ per gallon cause of the overdrive transmission those seem very low unless u have a lead foot .
    That's the same kind of mileage I get out of mine with the 3-speed trans Keith.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

Quote Originally Posted by lemons bob View Post
    I would check the resistance on all of them. These injectors tend to short them self out. Just use a multimeter on the two prongs. I think they should be around 12 or 13 ohm. If they are much lower than that they won't work right and if each injector isn't pretty close to being the same amount they won't work right.
    Doesn't Centuryman have a 3100? If so, they'll be fine, the issue with the Multech II injectors is plugging.

I've can break 30 mpg and more with my 3100 pretty easily on the road with cruise. 21-22 around town. I'm not grandpa, but I don't race or autocross on my way to work either.

Ken T.