Thread: 216 Buick in Citation?

Default 216 Buick in Citation?

Has anyone tried a small block Chevy (Very Small, a 216 CID Al Buick) in a Citation? What adapters if any necessary to go to a stock 4/5 speed Xaxle?

Merry Christmas

Dan Oh

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

An old Buick engine like that is going to have the BOP bellhousing, while your stock transmission has the GM metric bellhousing, common between the Iron Duke, 2200, Chevy V6s, 305/350, and LS engines. You would need a bellhousing adapter. Not too difficult to get a hold of. Plenty of folks have mated corporate transmissions to the Buick V8 in the past.

I might question your wanting to use the Buick V8 when other, more plentiful engines have been successfully swapped into X-bodies over the years. Chevy V6, Buick V6, Cadillac 4.9, and so on.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 201k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 120k miles. Will be mom's car soon.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

Daniel;

I don't understand putting a Chevy V6 where a Chevy V6 came out? I have heard of 350's fitting in Citations, I think a tiny V8 is the best option. Light, lots of flexibility; I think this with headers and a 5 speed LSD and a very small 4 barrel progressive bore/ vacuum secondary would not only go faster but ride smoother/better mileage.