Thread: Why can't I use my personal email address to register?

Default Why can't I use my personal email address to register?

Says it's banned. Why would it be banned if I've never been here before. Had to register with my Verizon email but will be dropping them soon.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century wagon, 1992 Buick Century sedan, 1993 Buick Century wagon

I am an old member, so perhaps the rules have changed. I believe it might be a way to try to fight spammers. A couple years ago we had a pretty bad problem with advertiser bots registering en masse with garbage user names and fake e-mails. You should be able to use Gmail for this site. Hopefully that helps address your question. If not, the admin should be around soon.
    Daniel
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 214-SFI. 201k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Transmission time, again. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!
    Goldilocks: 1992 Buick Century Special sedan. 204-MFI. 132k miles. Current DD.
    Susana: 1993 Buick Century Custom wagon. 204-MFI. 121k miles. Garage ornament. Waiting for an LR4.

I use email.com. gmail has more spammers than probably all the others combined.