Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do you drive your A-body?

Vehicle
    1995 Olds Cutlass Ciera SL 3100

Quote Originally Posted by Tuddi View Post
    LOW.... you mean to tell me that this isn't NORMAL?

Ok... jokes aside... the car is a former police car here in Peru, and as such, it never got proper maintainance. Anything would go.

The ignition is not original, but seemingly from a cadillac.

How it would end up on this engine, is beyond my responsibility... but within my suffering...

The car has been made into something that WORKED .... with no regard to the gasoline cost.
    It's the frankenstein of A-bodies Seriously though, that is pretty neat that it runs with those parts!
    Light Driftwood Metallic 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Mods: K&N performance airfilter, Pilot fog lights, Addco front and rear swaybars, 2.5" cat-back exhaust w/ Hooker Aerochamber muffler.

Vehicle
    1986 Chevy Celebrity Wagon Eurosport

Wow Lord Durock! I love your car! I drive the less performance/more expanded version!

Vehicle
    '91 6000 SE - 3.1L V6 - Automatic Transmission

I'm just a GM fan in general, but I've had so many A-Bodies that they just feel like "my" car. I learned to work on cars helping my dad with his 86 6000LE... my first car was a broken down Buick Century (I think it was an 84... it was the "Olympics" special edition ^_^). Never got it running, but I spent a lot of time sitting in the seat imagining what it would be like to have a drivers license. My brother had a Cutlass Ciera (I believe), with pretty much the same story. The first car I actually owned and operated was a '91 Pontiac Sunbird, which is similar, but a J-Body. Then my dad got a 6000 or Celebrity wagon (I forget which). And now I own a 91 6000 SE.

And I've learned more about cars since I bought it... even with all the headaches, I feel much more competent around cars than ever... friends call me when they brake down or have funny problems, and 95% of the time I can troubleshoot it with them, and that knowledge came from years of tinkering with A-Bodies. Wouldn't trade the education for anything, I have a hard time imagining a life without an A-Body in it somewhere.

But man... I drove a Pontiac G6 this weekend... and it could get me to rethink my ban on new cars.

Vehicle
    my 2 feet

i love driving an A-body..just..feels...RIGHT...right size, performance, handling, well handling could be improved on, but its not as HARD to make it turn as compared to my dad;'s former 2003 Intrepid and his current 2004 Concorde....and its not so skittish as to be unsafe....wagons have always been my thing, due to my tendency to do roadtrips, pack alot for events, et cetera...and my gf loves the fact we can just stretch out in the back watching the skies

Vehicle
    93 cutlass ciera s 3.3l, k&n intake, dynomax exhaust, tach, guages, custom paint, audio etc.

shes never leaves me stranded

Always has the power to get me out of trouble. And enough to get me into trouble.

Drive it like I stole it and shes only needed a fuel pump..sound like a good car to me.

Plus its the first car I ever drove when I was 14...same motor and trim too!

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

My wife drives the AWD because its one of the FEW cars that she can actually fit behind, see, and drive safely, that doesnt have an airbag. She is 4'10 1/2" tall. And steering wheel distance, and dashboards are her worst fears/problems.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Vehicle
    93 cutlass ciera s 3.3l, k&n intake, dynomax exhaust, tach, guages, custom paint, audio etc.

Yea the cieras goin to my girlfriend next summer, shes going to need it with the baby. A buddy at work said " oh man now ur going to have to get a mini van." My reply, " screw that dude I got a 6 seater."

Vehicle
    1993 Cutlass Ciera

For me, I needed a beater until I got around to getting the intake replaced in my Grand Marquis. For $700 with a decent engine and new tires I couldn't beat the deal.

I've since started to enjoy the car ALOT more than I originally intended. At this point, I assumed I would have sold the car or junked it. The car's more fun to drive than I thought, plus there's something liberating about being able to drill holes and modify the car to suit my needs. Something I would never do with my Grand Marquis.
    Tim
    A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

1997 Jeep Cherokee (4.0 I6/Auto)
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis (4.6/Auto) (The Tank)

Vehicle
    1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

Well my story I've told before.
    I was very close with my grandmother, and when I was 14 she passed away, which was really hard for me. I spent more time with her at her house then I did at my own house. Needless to say I was her favourite. She drove a 1986 Cutlass Ciera. 2.5, Grey with the landeau top. She had that car for as long as I could remember. And when she passed away I got the car, and I was going to give it a body job and have as a remembrance to my grandmother and as a decent car (there aren't many pre 90 Cutlass Ciera's around anymore). But within half a year of leaving it sit, the motor siezed up, and I came to the harsh realization that there was no hope. So may she RIP.
    Then when I was 17 mom was in the market for a differnet car while the Toyota got a body job, and we went to the city to look for cars and on the way home stopped into a small lot only 10 minutes from home. There was a 1987 Cutlass Ciera, almost exactly like nans, except brown and a little different appearance, and I couldn't shut up about how much it was just like nans. That night I had a piano lesson and when I came back there was sitting in our yard, a 1987 Cutlass Ciera. Mom had bought it because she knew how I felt about nans, and she promised that I could have it if I wanted it when I turned 18. A little under 40000kms later and she's been very good to me. I say that with a smile, because I have had to replace the motor, and rebuild 1/4 of the car. But I love it And I keep saying I'll sell it in the spring, but I doubt I will.

Vehicle
    1986 Celeb Wagon 2.5

my best friends mom had a 85 celebrity 2.5 wagon and man it was so fun to bomb around it, celebrities have always been our joke as a bad ass car, but when i found my 6000, all the pontiac love i have, in celebrity form! it couldnt be better, along with my favorite engine, the 3.1 V6 working a/c and good heater for 450$ couldnt go wrong, this is gotta be the best most reliable car iv had yet! and can pull off 30mpgs and is pretty quick
    "Pontiac, Of Course"
    1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix 3.1T
    1998 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T
    1999 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon
    1991 Audi 200 Auto
    1980 VW Dasher Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12