Thread: A-Bodies in Naked Gun clip

Vehicle
    1988 Ciera Sl Coupe FE3 & 1988 Ciera International Coupe 1989 Celebrity 1989 Regal Coupe

Default A-Bodies in Naked Gun clip

I was just watching this clip of the funny driving school chase scene from "Naked Gun" and at 48 seconds it immediately jumped out at me that those were two A-Bodies passing either side of the driving school car. Looking at the individual frames they appear to be Ciera Coupes with what looks to me like the International trim level. The movie came out in late 1988, so they could be the same year, just like my 1988 International coupe.

It's silly what jumps out at you when you watch something.

D

Seifeld was driving a Century when he and George were in California. Saw a celebrity in a commercial recently, can not remember what it was for, but who cares, spotted an A-bod. Probably many others

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT, Mercury Montego

I dont see any A-bodys. Ford Taurus, Chevy Corsica, and a whole bunch of other cars, Honda CVCC, Ford Galaxy 500, Chevy G20, Olds 98, Olds 88, Honda Accord, Chevy Corvette, VW bug, Datsun 710, Dodge Colt, Nissan Maxima, Dodge Outdoorsman Van, and a bunch more.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 120k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 182k - 05 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 52k

Vehicle
    1988 Ciera Sl Coupe FE3 & 1988 Ciera International Coupe 1989 Celebrity 1989 Regal Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac6ksteawd View Post
    I dont see any A-bodys. Ford Taurus, Chevy Corsica, and a whole bunch of other cars, Honda CVCC, Ford Galaxy 500, Chevy G20, Olds 98, Olds 88, Honda Accord, Chevy Corvette, VW bug, Datsun 710, Dodge Colt, Nissan Maxima, Dodge Outdoorsman Van, and a bunch more.
    At 48 seconds the driving school car is passed on both sides by a red and a blue two door Ciera coupe, with what looks to be International trim.

Vehicle

You are right on the grey car. Olds Cutlass Ciera there. The other one is a Olds Cutlass Calais Quad 4, possible 442 model Or International Model Like the red one in this link..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Cutlass_Calais
    Brian - Carpe Diem

More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 120k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 182k - 05 Mercury Montego Premier AWD 52k

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac6ksteawd View Post
    You are right on the grey car. Olds Cutlass Ciera there. The other one is a Olds Cutlass Calais Quad 4, possible 442 model Or International Model Like the red one in this link..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Cutlass_Calais
    Yeah, I see it now. Good eye.

Vehicle
    1995 Oldsmobile Silhouette, 1989 GMC Sierra C1500, 2005 Chevrolet Corvette, 2001 Pontiac Aztek GT

Blue Ciera coupe 0:43
    Gray Ciera International coupe 0:50 along with a red Calais International
    Blue Celebrity sedan 1:05 and 1:08
    Jay

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SexySilhouette View Post
    Blue Ciera coupe 0:43
    Gray Ciera International coupe 0:50 along with a red Calais International
    Blue Celebrity sedan 1:05 and 1:08
    Whole bunch of oddities in that 43 second area. Grey Coupe A-Body, Blue Coupe Olds Delta 88, mid 80's Cadi Seville Slant Back.

Good eye on the Celeb at 105, dont see it at the 108. But I do at the 109 LOL, along with the Corvette.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

Vehicle
    none

I just want the column shift, CL interior, Grandma Gold on beige cloth Corsica...maybe after a windshield replacement...

"normally you wouldn't be driving 65 miles an hour down a wrong way street..."

"extend your arm...now extend your middle finger..."

this guy hasn't driven in D/FW
    Alan Moore - TOAD Towing - Worthington, OH

2017 Toyota Corolla LE, bought new 7-7-17 at 5 miles, now 84K miles
    2010 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT, bought used 11-25-16 at 70K now 129K miles