Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 2.8 motor pictures showing vaccum lines

Default Looking for 2.8 motor pictures showing vaccum lines

Hello new here great forum. I have a 1984 Oldsmobile Omega with a 2.8 v6 with 2bbl carb x motor. my farther in law gave to my son that had the heads done. The vaccum lines were never hooked up and can't figure out where some go. Lines are were broken so that makes it hard to figure out even more. So I was wondering if some had or could take a few pictures of the engine with the air cleaner off. I can't find any pics on the net. This would help and be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by mcruezer; 09-16-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Silly question, but is the vacuum diagram sticker still under the hood somewhere?
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
    '86 Eurosport sedan
    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
    '89 Eurosport wagon

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

Before I can go looking for a vacuum diagram, I need to know if its a Fuel Injected 2.8, or a Carb 2.8
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

I have that but nothing is where is goes so hard to find what is what and where the lines go

2.8 with 2 bbl carb

Vehicle

Well the sticker under your hood is going to give you the exact routing you need..

https://www.autozone.com/repairguide...00c15280083d2f

Scroll down to the 1984 models, and you can get a larger diagram, which will help you put it back together.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

The sticker isn't much help. I have valves and solenoids not hooked up and not where they belong. So I kinda need a pic where the go too then hopefully trace the lines. Nothing is hooked up so I'm blind here.i don't know the name of these parts so I can't hook them up correctly.

Vehicle

We probably arent going to be able to help you much. You can take some pics of the peices you dont know the name of, and we can tell you what they are. But the catalyst diagram, and the link I provided above is going to be your best hope in getting it plumbed correctly.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I was hoping someone had the same engine and could take pictures with the air cleaner off that would help. I know there is other brands same year and body style that would help too.

Vehicle
    1996 Buick Century Limited 3100 V6 / 1995 Buick Century Special 3100 V6 / 2001 Chevy S-10 LS 2.2L

If you look, you may find the FSM real cheap for your car on eBay. I remember a while back one by was trying to give some away for FREE. No takers, thought, so I suspect it went into the trash.

Ken T.

I have several early 80's FSM's, I'll look to see if I have anything that may help.
    -Andy

'86 Eurosport VR coupe
    '86 Eurosport sedan
    '88 Eurosport VR coupe
    '89 Eurosport wagon

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

This is the best I can do at the moment. I have it saved as a 1986 Celebrity.
    I used to have this on the forum, but a hosting site (which will remain unnamed) destroyed so much pictorial information it is almost of epic proportions for various fields of enthusiast.

Jerry

Vehicle

Now if you take that Pic, and open it with Microsoft Paint, circle where your questions are, and we will see if we can help. Be sure to save it, after you have edited the pic with circle, under a different file so it doesn't overwrite your existing file.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

Thank you it helps if I could trouble yo take a closer pic around the EGR valve and the carb . I need to know where some things are bolted down. The decel valve need to know how that mounts and how the lines are ran. Thank you

Ok I figured out the vaccum lines I think. I need help where to mount a few things

Last edited by Pontiac6ksteawd; 09-19-2018 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Broken link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast