Thread: L67 swap question.

Default L67 swap question.

So my car is a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with the lg3 3.8 and 440t4, I just got an l67 and 4t65hd (as well as wiring harness and pcm that I will send out or use hp tuners to disable the security systems and some unneeded codes) from a 2003 regal gs.

In all the research I?ve done most people tend to start with a 3100 equipped car, due to the motor being in the same family. Which allows the motor side motor mount bracket to be swapped to the the 3800. And a w body Powertrain due to the motor/trans mounts being the the correct spots and the oil filter adapter location and angle.

Well I have the w body power train but I have an lg3 3.8 equipped car. Now for my question:

Is the lg3 motor side bracket the same as a 3100 motor side bracket?

I believe the lg3 is the same family of engines. I say this because I know the ln3 (pre series 1 3800) replaced the lg3 halfway through 88 in most of the bigger fwd fm cars and the ln3 was the basis the l27, l67 series 1, 3100, and so on were built on. I just need to know if my bracket will work or if I need to find one from a 3100 a-body.

Vehicle
    1995 buick century custom

Chevy 3.1 is a 60 degree block Buick 3.8 is a 90degree block brackets are different but looking in a junk yard for a 3.3 Buick motor will help you out since same block per say

Vehicle

Also the bracket that holds the motor mount under the harmonic balancer is different from Chevy engine to Buick engine . The ac bracket is also different for the top radiator mount via 60-90 degree blocks .

Sorry my information was wrong in
    My first post I was tired when I made the post I meant to say the 3300 instead of 3100. Now since my engine is a 3.8 Buick lg3 which is a 90? v6 like the Buick 3300 and 3800 the block brackets should be the same, right?

Worse case, I just find out when I get there or keep trying the pick and pull until I get a 3300 equipped car that I can snag the bracket off of to compare/use. Either way I?ll try to document it so others who are interested can do this swap.

Vehicle

Your good then man with the Buick brackets for the 3300 for the l67 you might have to shave one of the brackets to the top strut mount/ac bracket cause of the supercharger hits it . Other than that your good with that mount . Just the transmission rear mount you have to be creative on . The wiring is another topic of hell and shift cable bracket/ axles . Don?t worry about it Trust me we all been there on the tired levels .

Luckily I?m pretty good with wiring and electronics as tedious as they are. I?m hoping to make it look stock or at the very least, clean. Found somewhere that someone just cut and welded the shift bracket from the 440t4 on to the 4t65 bracket, probably gonna be the route I?m going with that and some sort of custom bracket for the rear trans mount.

Axles is where it?s gonna hurt the most though haha. Gonna end up having to buy a few new gm or ac delco axles and make a Frankenstein set like everyone does. I?d like to take them to the local drive shaft shop to see if I can have stronger ones made eventually though.

Vehicle

Nah look on the forum there is someone who did axles for 4t65-hd

Vehicle

Turbo kinetics did it for his monster of a car