Hello everyone,

Just looking for some feedback on what I should do with a 1987 Cutlass Cierra that I own. My grandparents bought the car new in early 1987. When my grandmother got to the point in her life where she could no longer drive (my grandfather had already passed away), I bought the car from her (that was in late 2006). For some reason, I thought this would be a neat car to hang onto, as it was an absolutely perfect example of that model year. I've held onto the car this entire time, and with the exception of the summer of 2018, it was stored in a garage the entire time. It was also in a garage while my grandparents had it. I've never driven it in the winter (I live in Ohio, so I never want to get salt on it).

However, during Memorial Day weekend this year, I had the super unfortunate event of driving it through a hail storm. I couldn't believe it when it was happening. It didn't sustain a lot of damage, but it definitely got some dents on the roof, hood and trunk. It really ticked me off, because, as I mentioned, this car was a perfect example of that model year. My main objective in keeping it was to keep it in as good of condition as possible.

Now that this has happened, I'm really questioning whether I should keep it at all. I could get the dents removed, but it would cost money that could be used more wisely. And obviously this isn't a "classic car", or a "show car". I've never had it to a car show, but in the back of my mind I thought that it may one day be worthy of going to car shows...despite not being a classic. In recent years I definitely notice people looking at it when I'm driving it.

It believe it has just over 43,000 miles. (Oddly enough, the day before the hail storm experience I put a new alternator in it).

Any suggestions? Should I just sell it and be done with it? I always envisioned it going to a car museum if I could no longer keep it, but none have been interested (and I inquired before the hail damage occurred).

Thanks for any feedback!