Thread: problem Egr valve

Vehicle
    chevrolet celebrity 88`

Default problem Egr valve

Hey. egr valve problem. with a small pressing of the accelerator, an excessive opening of the EGR valve occurs. I put the vacuum tube in a small section does not help. who knows what the problem is?

video link :

chevy celebrity 2.8 1988

and how to disable egr error and delete using tuner pro? 6d $ mask

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

You have 2 options for blocking it off. No need to tune it out, its not a smart system.

Put a plug in the vacuum line, but this might cause a check engine light, depending on the computer.

Or

Get a block off plate, that goes inbetween the EGR and the Intake. Computer will still see a vacuum, and assume its working, but the block off plate will not allow the exhaust gasses to pass.

I think the internal spring on the EGR is bad, and it may just need a new EGR valve. See if you can find one in a junk yard, and see what she does.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

Mine on the cruiser was stuck. The solenoid pintle was stuck. I removed the filter then stuck a baby screwdriver in the hole and it popped loose . Or maybe it was the inlet hole I don?t remember. If you suck on the vacuum line it?s supposed to pass air not keep pulling the valve back . Unless you?re in code flash mode. I put a block off plate on my celeb and old 6000 wagon and still ran perfect and got excellent mileage. Figured I?d help keep carbon out of the intake . Lots of tests in the fsm.This is from my phone so kinda tough to post but hope this helps.

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

I think the biggest problem is the Ford Emblem on the intake plenum.. Its probably just ashamed Just kidding thou..
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Vehicle
    chevrolet celebrity 88`

thanks for the information. Ford sticker is oil to know what is in the engine. do you think that the spring has lost its properties?

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

My experience is the pintle inside just gets plain stuck. Jammed at its end of travel. When I poked a baby screwdriver in the hole it popped loose and then was free moving. Then I gave a shot of PB blaster or similar to help keep it from sticking again. Mine didn't even seem to have a spring. I think it just moves back and forth with the actions of the vacuum and the solenoid coil.
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, summer daily driver
    1989 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, 3.1 MPFI, 4 speed auto, special summer ride
    1996 Cherokee XJ 4 door, 4.0, 5 speed, winter daily driver & towing vehicle
    1991 Tracker 2 door, 1.6, 5 speed, needs work
    Previously several Celebritys, 6000s, & 2 U-vans