Thread: 1986 headlights in a 1988 Celebrity

Vehicle
    1992 Acura NSX

Default 1986 headlights in a 1988 Celebrity

Hi all,

I might be scooping up a project '88 Celebrity. My first car was a 1986. I know it's crazy, but I want to make the 1988 look like a 1986.

Are the headlight assemblies plug & play, and does anyone have a pair for sale?

Thanks in advance -
    1986 Celebrity Classic 2.8 (First car - sold)
    2013 Acura ILX
    1994 Acura Legend (x 2)
    1992 Acura NSX
    drivetofive.wordpress.com

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

If you are talking about going from Composite headlights, to Incandescent, i believe the header panel has to be replaced. Which means finding a panel, and then painting it.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 127k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 193k

Vehicle
    cartruckcartruckcarcarcarcarcarcar

Definitely would need a new header. Wish you were closer to me as I actually have an extra one! IMO the 86 header is much better looking, I never liked the composite lamps on these.
    So Many A's I have a 5.0 GPA!!
    • 1988 Century Limited
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport coupe
    • 1986 Celebrity Eurosport CL coupe (parts car)
    • 1985 Celebrity sedan
    • 1982 Celebrity CL coupe

Non contributing members: 15 Verano, 06 Silverado, 90 Lumina, 89 S-10, 88 Golf Cabriolet

Vehicle
    1985 chevrolet celebrity

Header panel and the plugs for the lighting. (Recommended to get the harness if its the same) the whole part up to the firewall. That way is the plug and play way. Im not sure if the wire harness is the same. I actually just learned that some gms changed the harness when they switched to fuel injection or updated a bunch. Those changes around 86-87ish. It could be the same. Or can just redo the headlight jacks.. Just be sure to get the 2a1 bulbs hooked correctly. Should be a black wire. Thats ground. The one parallel to it is low. The horizontal is high i believe. Some different bulbs used different pin out. Hard to get a straight answer sometimes. You could swap the lows for 2e1 bulbs (makes high beams brighter) plug is wired the same. Although recommended to put a relay to power the highs directly from battery or alternator if you use the 2e1 bulbs with standard halogen lights. Or itll likely burn up switches. Too much power draw for the switches to have 4 55 watt high beams versus 2 35 watts and 2 55 watts. .

Now, that's cool! Can't wait to see the end result.