Thread: 95 Buick century rocker panel removal and replacement

Default 95 Buick century rocker panel removal and replacement

Hi Dont know if this is the right place for this so here it goes .

Ive got a 1995 buick century 4 door and drivers side and passenger side is rotted by the fenders and rear quarter panels i want too replace them and fix them up . I seen there not available from GM anymore and I can only get aftermarket parts for the rocker panels . Has anyone done this job before and used key parts for aftermarket parts or sherman parts . Rock auto has the original afttermarket ones . I can get a good set from the junkyard for 50 bucks each but ive got too cut them out my self . I know ive got too weld them in place so there proper fitted .

Vehicle
    1992 Century Special 1996 Century Custom

Welcome!
    Jerry

Vehicle
    GMC Envoy XUV, Pontiac Aztek GT

I have not done the job, but I can tell you its quite extensive. Back glass has to come out, and since its part of the roof, you either have to replace the roof, or find a point of split, and splicing out the old, and replacing with new.

Before you even start this job, take a look underneath. The rear spring perches, both on the Axle side, and car side, as well as the axle mounts, are very prone to rusting out, and completely detaching the axle from the car.
    Brian - Carpe Diem

I dont have to love my president, or any god, to love my country!!
    More people have died in the name of "God" than in all wars combined thruout history
    01 Pontiac Aztek GT AWD 125k - 04 GMC Envoy SLT XUV 192k - 05 Buick Rendezvous CXL Sport Plus 61k

Vehicle
    1989 Celebrity CL 4 door 3.1, 1989 Cutlass Cruiser 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Pontiac6ksteawd View Post
    I have not done the job, but I can tell you its quite extensive. Back glass has to come out, and since its part of the roof, you either have to replace the roof, or find a point of split, and splicing out the old, and replacing with new.

Before you even start this job, take a look underneath. The rear spring perches, both on the Axle side, and car side, as well as the axle mounts, are very prone to rusting out, and completely detaching the axle from the car.
    I agree. Also pull the bottom of the rear seat and the insulation under it. If it?s rusted through, chances are good that the axle mounts days are numbered. Now if you?re good with a welder, it is entirely fixable and I have a post in here somewhere showing how I did it on 3 of my a bodies. None of them ever broke again.

I?ve never replaced entire panels. However I would probably just find a point of split and do it that way.