Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew the belt size to use if I wanted to not include the AC compressor in the serpentine belt loop?

I have a pulley that's making a grinding noise. I can't figure out if it was the water pump or the AC compressor below it. I tried spraying each with PB Blaster to see if it quieted it down but it didn't really make a difference when sprayed on either of them. (Though the sound is definitely coming from one of them). I figure the water pump and belt are original to the car so I might as well swap them out (pump is cheap) to see if that fixes the problem.

If it doesn't and it is the AC compressor that's where I've run into a bit of a snag. The AC doesn't work in the car (hasn't in 6+ years) so it doesn't make sense to buy a new compressor and I didn't see a belt on rock auto that was for a no AC option. I did see that they have an AC bypass pulley I could bolt on but that would require taking out the current compressor and leaving the tubing exposed to the elements which would potentially make it more expensive down the road if I did decide to fix the AC in the car.

Thanks in advance.