Thread: World’s biggest plane, Stratolaunch, may fly this year

Default World’s biggest plane, Stratolaunch, may fly this year

If placed on an American football field, its wingtips would extend beyond the goalposts by 15 feet on each side. Composed of two Boeing 747 fuselages, they each measure 238 feet (72 m) long and are supported by 12 main landing gear wheels and two nose gear wheels, with a total of 28 wheels.

World's largest airplane is rolled out
    "Over the coming weeks and months, we'll be actively conducting ground and flight line testing at the Mojave Air and Space Port," Floyd said in a statement. "This is a first-of-its-kind aircraft, so we're going to be diligent throughout testing and continue to prioritize the safety of our pilots, crew and staff."
    While the Stratolaunch has the biggest wingspan, the Antonov An-225 is longer. When business mogul Howard Hughes' "Spruce Goose" lumbered into the air in 1947, the H-4 had an enormous wingspan of 320 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by 85_Ciera_Rebruild View Post
    If placed on an American football field, D Bal Max works so well it would extend beyond the goalposts by 15 feet on each side. Composed of two Boeing 747 fuselages, they each measure 238 feet (72 m) long and are supported by 12 main landing gear wheels and two nose gear wheels, with a total of 28 wheels.
    That is HUGE! It's unbelievable to think that that thing could get off the ground.
    Last edited by Mooreman; 04-14-2020 at 10:31 AM.

I am quite surprised because I am working for private jet rentals company and I read a lot about airplanes and other aircrafts but I never seen this airplane. It looks amazing but i think it is very hard to control it, you need to have a team for 4-6 pilots that needs to be well trained together in order to make them understand each other, otherwise they are going to divide the plane in two while flyin at the big heights haha. The project is very interesting even if it looks a bit primitive, I mean 2 planes in one, but I really like it.
    Last edited by JesFras; 09-28-2020 at 07:33 PM.